• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

near impossible vector job

visualeyez

Uh, that's horrible. No one would accept that

Uh so was the quality of the original. Look at the difference in scale, I just did a tiny section and blew it up but the actions could apply to the entire map. I never said I would actually do anything with that sample, just wanted to see what a few mins could do and I found out there isn't enough quality in the sample to do much with... as far as automation goes. What results did you have after 20 mins?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You made it sound like it was acceptable. Anyone can produce a vector from a jpeg using autotrace tools, the key is making it look good. That was the point of the original post, to show that it could not be hand drawn with conventional tools and still be accurate. When you zoom in closely you cannot make out building details. The railroad tracks on the left side are like spaghetti

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm not sure you get it visualeyez and excuse me if you do, but it doesn't matter the amount of time it takes if the end result is unacceptable. I'd rather pay someone an hour or two (or spend the time myself) to do that section right then put out something that isn't up to my or my customer's standards so it really doesn't matter what can be done in 20 minutes if the end result sucks.

CarolinaCabinet

lol... No offense to any partys, but it's so funny that an argument has broken out here about a post from about 28 months ago. It's so irrevalent now but visualeyez has taken so much offense with you guys.

sarge

hey .. your so spot on .. now who is the dork (if you dont know what a dork is, look it up)

Bigdawg

Just Me
lol... No offense to any partys, but it's so funny that an argument has broken out here about a post from about 28 months ago. It's so irrevalent now but visualeyez has taken so much offense with you guys.

ain't the first time, won't be the last.

Signed,
One of the dorks :Big Laugh

Seriously though- the reason I responded is this:

Obviously someone found this post after a couple years. They don't go away. So when someone finds it again in a couple years, I'd hate like hell for the claim that the autotrace was acceptable on any level to be the final word.