Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Need a 3rd party shipping service.

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by bigben, Apr 24, 2019.

1. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    So I'm in Canada and I'm using website like flagship, netparcel and freightcom as a 3rd party for all my delivery. You sign up, put your package details and they will show discounted prices from all major shipping company.

I'm looking for the same thing, but in the US. I want to be able to pick-up a package in the US and bring it to me in Canada. If I use my current solutions based here in Canada, the prices are outrageous.

I'm sure there is something similar in the US but the only thing I've found on the net are ''package forwarders''. This is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Tags:
  2. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Bringing in stuff from another country you need either a private Shipping Broker or UPS Worldwide (expensive brokerage fees).
    Or you cross over yourself to a UPS store or other similar business close to the border and coming back fill in the appropriate paperwork yourself.

3. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I already have my importer account and fill up my own paperwork. My problem is the shipping cost. If I have a customer or supplier in the US that want to ship something to me, I have to rely on them for the cost and payment of the shipping. I would like to be able to create my own shipping label and send it to them. If I use a canadian based company, it cost me a fortune to do that. Sure, I can give them my UPS account number, but again the prices are very expensive.

For example, if I have a box going from Los Angeles to Montreal, it cost me 150$ to ship via UPS if I use my account. If my customer go to a UPS store and send it from there, the same package is 50$ to ship. If I do the other way around (Montreal to Los Angeles), it cost me 40$ by using one of the brooker mentioned in my first post.

4. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Maybe you could open shipping account with a US based company?
    Just thinking here.

5. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    This is exactly what I'm looking for.

6. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Nm

7. Glavin_ID

Glavin_ID Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Cleveland, OH
    Freightquote is who we use.

8. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Thank you. I've just created an account and their quote is two times the price than going to the UPS store. Maybe they are not setup to ship to Canada.