Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a bracket to fix a parking sign on square parking lamp post

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by bigben, Dec 12, 2018.

1. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I've got a customer asking me to install parking sign on his lamp post. I don't want to drill the post and the only bracket I've found are for pole banner. Does someone have a supplier and/or reference for something? Preferably in Canada, but I can order from the US.

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I would use these:
    https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Product/AB-10

works fine on both square and round posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
  4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I would not trust those clamps on square posts.
    We had a similar strap fail on a 6" square pole - holding up 6ft banners. Looking back it was stupid of us to install using the straps. With the screw slots in the band, there is not much material to cover the stress points going around the corners. Could have just been cheap bands but we ended up making our own.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    If they are under 18x24, you could use VHB with an ACM sign panel. Obviously wouldn't work if they are perpendicular and not flat against the pole. We did 12 like that, at request by the customer, and you can practically hang from them. Been through tornadoes and everything. We're pretty surprised at the results.

6. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Size would be definitely smaller than 18x24 or maximum around that. I would never think VHB would hold up. I see you are in texas. I'm in Canada. Since we are in the winter, I don't think the VHB would be good If I install it in this cold temperature. I would prefer something more secure.

7. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Active Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    I suspect a local welding shop could make up a couple custom brackets for about $75.00.

• Like Like x 1