• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a cctv recommendation for home and office

binki

I am looking for a cctv solution that has internet access so I can view the cameras as well as being wireless.

Any recommendations in this area?

jasonx

We run vivotek cameras here. I did my brother a uniden wireless camera system at home that does the job. The resolution on the vivoteks are alot better though.

earplug

I met with a local security company for our business location. He highly recommended the Q-See systems. He said he had a number of friends install them and they are the best for the money.

cdiesel

Costco sells the QSee sytems.. we bought one a few years ago for about $400 for 8 cameras and a DVR. The system can be accessed via web too. Resolution's not bad.

JoshLoring

We have axis cameras all over the office. Wired and wireless. Recording to an offsite FTP, and accessible via iPhone.
Love the axis cams.. Software is all built in to each cam

JoshLoring

See iPhone screenshot. Watching printer from home :) via axis cam app

Attachments

• image-441547086.png
    image-441547086.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 70

binki

Do any of these systems allow a voice at the location? If I leave the dogs at home can I talk to them while watching them? Thought just occurred to me as they come to the shop for only a half day and stay at home the rest of the time and I always think about what they are into.

I started to think about having security at the shop but then monitoring the 'children' when they are at home.

tia and thanks forward for the recommendations.

JoshLoring

Binki-
The axis cams allow sound from PCs. Can't talk thorough my phone, but we can chat 2 way from computer to camera.

AndrewLaws

I have used the little Panasonic IP Cameras for years, both for clients and now in the factory where I work. Axis cameras are VERY good, but if you're on a budget the little Panasonic devices are great value for money.

Just one word of advice though - don't mount them somewhere that burglars can smash them off the wall! I had a little shop that got burgled twice in a week and the first time the burglars smashed the IP cam off the wall. Mind you, it was such a tough little device it carried on recording and we were able to carry on using it after the break in! If you want to see the images the cameras captured from the second break-in you can see them here Blurry burglars...

binki

Sorry to hear about the break in. A restuarant right down the street from us had their front window taken out and then they stole beer and broke a large screen tv that was bolted to the wall.

AndrewLaws

They took tons of stock, but a lot it was merchandise for my business partner's punk band, no idea where they fenced that!

Incidentally there was police CCTV looking at the front of my store, but just before the break-in a fight broke out outside a pub so the cameras turned away to watch that!

smdgrfx

Swan Pro series - 4 channel with 1TB DVR. Internet and phone accessible - $350 on sale from Frys Electronics. Good nightvision too.