• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a contract for installing vinyl on newly painted walls

Annette Asberg

Hi agian
Today's problem is that a customer want me to put up vinyl on a wall that was painted a week ago.
I have explained everything about VOC and adhesive but she still want me to put it up.
So therefore I would like to hand her a contract for preventing us from paying a new vinyl when this one falls down. Anyone that know were to find a contract like that? Please!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If it’s just as simple as that. Just write out all the reasons you’ve advised against it, make sure that they’re happy that once it’s up there’s no warranty and get them to sign it. No need for pages upon pages of t’s and c’s

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If it’s just as simple as that. Just write out all the reasons you’ve advised against it, make sure that they’re happy that once it’s up there’s no warranty and get them to sign it. No need for pages upon pages of t’s and c’s

If you're so sure it's going to fall down why do it at all? Have you done a test strip? Even if you write a warning about that on there they can still come back and say you did it wrong. They would say, "Why would a professional do something they know is going to fail"

Had a customer insist I cover a monument sign with a banner and NOT fasten it to the structure. It was a slick metal monument with no real way of keeping the "pillowcase" on there properly. I told them up and down the thing is going to fail in a month.. and it did. They expected me to fix it and I referred them to the note I wrote on the invoice. They said that wasn't explained to them and they didn't see it. Obviously I explained over and over verbally when I was face to face with the customer what would happen but that didn't get translated to the owner of the company. All in all, the owner ended up apologizing when he found out who I talked to, and in the end told me he would of had no objections to drilling into the sign!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’re currently dealing similar customer. Freshly painted walls and he doesn’t appear to want to put his heating on EVER. Nothing we’ve tried will stick for more than a week (just small test strips).

Basically, the customer wants them done on low tack vinyl so they can be removed easily, but also doesn’t want them to be removed easily. Naturally has no plans to ever take them down but is insistent on low tack which we’ve repeatedly told him isn’t permanent.. the joys