• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted need a cutter i can afford

Farren Wadley

i have two cutters that dont work colorcamm roland pnc5000 and a sc1261 uscutter i cant get to cut, wish someone could sale me something i can use or have parts to what i have already

ams

I would get rid of both of those. I highly recommend a Roland GX-24 if you can afford it, They cost $2,000 new, I see a slightly used one for $1,400. I've had mine for 8 years and nothing had a single problem with it.
Don't get really old plotters and don't buy off brand plotters. They will cause you nothing but headaches.

Also you need a compatible cut program, so make sure you know what's compatible with the plotter you are going to buy. If you buy it new, they bundle the software with it for free (at least Roland does)

WildWestDesigns

I would get rid of both of those. I highly recommend a Roland GX-24 if you can afford it, They cost $2,000 new, I see a slightly used one for $1,400. I've had mine for 8 years and nothing had a single problem with it.
Don't get really old plotters and don't buy off brand plotters. They will cause you nothing but headaches.

I would second the recommendation for a GX-24. No problems with it at all (atleast with cutting applique pieces, for which I used it for). I know atleast one user that would disagree with that in their experience, but I think in their situation, they were trying to do more with it then it was capable of. They do have their place, but it's a niche place.

Also you need a compatible cut program, so make sure you know what's compatible with the plotter you are going to buy. If you buy it new, they bundle the software with it for free (at least Roland does)

CutStudio, what came with my GX-24, was OK, but I wouldn't depend on it solely. If you are hard up for cash, Inkscape works directly with the GX-24. It also has an extension for the Linux OS (my OS of choice, but not everyone's) that increases Inkscape's abilities. There is a beta version for Windows, but it is beta, so take that into consideration.

Most vector programs will cut directly to the cutter if you have the correct driver installed. The biggest concern with that, however, is that if you want it optimize the cut pattern for instance, you'll have to do that manually as when you are cutting directly from the vector program, it cuts according to the object hierarchy of the vector objects.