• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a few Solvent Head Manifold for Epson DX4 printhead ASAP

player

Digiprint Supplies' US warehouse has express 24 hr shipping,

"Express delivery

Your printer may not care about your schedule, but we do. We know that you don’t have time to waste waiting for a part or tool to keep your projects running smoothly. That's why we offer faster-than-local shipping options with the most convenient carriers and most affordable rates. We're also excited to now offer next-day and 2-day delivery options in qualifying regions."

https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/content/our-commitments#Nextdaydelivery

Solvent manifold link:
https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/head-adapter-for-epson-dx4-printhead-padep10mas.html

padep10mas-3.jpg

Last edited:

TimToad

Digiprint Supplies' US warehouse has express 24 hr shipping,

"Express delivery

Your printer may not care about your schedule, but we do. We know that you don’t have time to waste waiting for a part or tool to keep your projects running smoothly. That's why we offer faster-than-local shipping options with the most convenient carriers and most affordable rates. We're also excited to now offer next-day and 2-day delivery options in qualifying regions."

https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/content/our-commitments#Nextdaydelivery

Solvent manifold link:
https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/head-adapter-for-epson-dx4-printhead-padep10mas.html

padep10mas-3.jpg
Yup. Of course while changing out one of the printheads and all the caps and dampers after hours last night, the little nipples for the ink supply lines deteriorated and snapped off.

Thankfully, we had very little to print today and the new manifolds arrive tomorrow. It turns out that these folks now have a U.S. based website with more shipping options for those of us stateside.

TimToad

So, this thread was created last Tuesday. I ordered the parts right after posting my question. Despite these being a very common, inexpensive parts, they STILL routed the order through Brussels and they STILL haven't arrived.

I actually ordered them for less money on Wednesday, the next day from a supplier I found on Amazon and they arrived on Thursday as promised. It took a few days of juggling work load to put a new printhead in, change the caps, dampers and the manifolds and do all the calibration, but we walked in this morning and have been cranking out prints all day.

Digiprint Supplies can offer all the expedited shipping they want, but they can't seem to get things over the pond in under a week no matter what. I bought the DX4 head from them too and it took over a week to receive as well.

My question is why even have a U.S. website and warehouse if barely anything gets shipped from it?

Last edited:

player

So, this thread was created last Tuesday. I ordered the parts right after posting my question. Despite these being a very common, inexpensive parts, they STILL routed the order through Brussels and they STILL haven't arrived.

I actually ordered them for less money on Wednesday, the next day from a supplier I found on Amazon and they arrived on Thursday as promised. It took a few days of juggling work load to put a new printhead in, change the caps, dampers and the manifolds and do all the calibration, but we walked in this morning and have been cranking out prints all day.

Digiprint Supplies can offer all the expedited shipping they want, but they can't seem to get things over the pond in under a week no matter what. I bought the DX4 head from them too and it took over a week to receive as well.

My question is why even have a U.S. website and warehouse if barely anything gets shipped from it?
Did you order from the US website?

phototec

Sorry, I just now read your post, back in March of 2017 my Black/Cyan printhead on my Roland SP-540V was bad it was spraying a heavy cyan mist outside of any image area that used the Cyan ink. The black, Yellow and Magenta were printing fine.

I ordered a new DX4 printhead (with rank numbers) from Solventinkjet.com for $735.00 which included FREE overnight shipping, they also sent me 4 new Dampers and 4 new O-rings included in the price.

I received the new DX4 printhead the very next day as promised, however this was my very FIRST time changing out print head by myself (it will not be my last), it took me two days because I was going about it very meticulously and slow as I have read many horror stories of people dropping ink on the printhead board, breaking off the nipples on the manifold or bending the contacts on the ribbon cables. So I just took my time and covered the circuit board with a plastic bag and aluminum foil (yes I tend to go overboard on things like this), but in the end I changed out the BLK/CYAN print head on my Roland SP-540V by my self and saved over $500 labor my tech wanted to charge me. I operate a small home based business and don't use the printer every day, so saving $ was more important than getting the printer back running again.

Bottom line is Solventinkjet.com had the printhead in stock and shipped it out the same day I ordered it and I had it in my hands the very next afternoon. It was not that hard to replace and then go through the alignment procedure, It just took me a little time because I didn't want to mess things up and my printer has worked flawlessly for the last 18 months. I know that one day the Yellow/Magenta head will go out and I plan on getting a new DX4 printhead from Solventinkjet.com and replacing the head myself.

FrankW

For such issues, most of the time I have some old heads on stock to use their manifolds if one is broken.

stephane

Merchant Member

Dear Tim,

We can see you ordered several times including last Tuesday, from worldwide web site www.digiprint-supplies.com whereas our US web site is us.digiprint-supplies.com. Orders placed on the worldwide web site ship from Belgium whereas orders placed on our US web site ship from Miami, FL. Our delivery lead times are 48 hours on our US web site.

The order you placed on 5th September on the worldwide web site was shipped out to you on the same day by DHL, like 98% of the hundreds of orders we ship across the world everyday.

We recommend you buy directly from the US web site next time to get cheaper shipping options and faster express transport.

Best regards

TimToad

Did you order from the US website?

When I enter the website it warns me that it appears that I'm located in either the U.S. or Canada and would I like to visit the U.S. site? I always click yes. If a huge e-commerce website in 2018 can't figure out how to automatically route its customers to the correct website or organize its supply chain to send its products from the most logical shipping point to save themselves time, money and possible negative feedback like this, then thats on them.

Whether or not I ordered the parts from the U.S. website isn't really the point because their sales manager when questioned about, emailed and told me that they didn't have any in the Florida warehouse anyway, so it was coming from Brussels.
Dear Tim,

We can see you ordered several times including last Tuesday, from worldwide web site www.digiprint-supplies.com whereas our US web site is us.digiprint-supplies.com. Orders placed on the worldwide web site ship from Belgium whereas orders placed on our US web site ship from Miami, FL. Our delivery lead times are 48 hours on our US web site.

The order you placed on 5th September on the worldwide web site was shipped out to you on the same day by DHL, like 98% of the hundreds of orders we ship across the world everyday.

We recommend you buy directly from the US web site next time to get cheaper shipping options and faster express transport.

Best regards

Excuses..... excuses...... excuses..... Its not my fault if your IT department can't effectively route users to the correct site and have it stick. EVERY time I visit your website, it prompts me to visit the U.S. site, which I select up on the upper left of the home page. When something gets ordered, it bounces the order to the parent site.

I have no reason to lie and your attitude of denial and blaming me for the mix up is very revealing.

Your sales manager in Florida emailed me after I tried to chat with a rep about my order and despite knowing that the order should have been routed through him, DID NOTHING to correct the issue. He also told me that the U.S. warehouse didn't have the parts I ordered and they were coming from Brussels anyway. Coordinate the two entities, clear up the technical glitch that users like me encounter and I'll stop revealing my poor experiences. Your prices and rewards points are a great incentive to use your company, but not worth the uncertainty on delivery when a vital piece of equipment breaks down and we need them.

FWIW, its now Wednesday and the parts STILL haven't been delivered.

player

When I enter the website it warns me that it appears that I'm located in either the U.S. or Canada and would I like to visit the U.S. site? I always click yes. If a huge e-commerce website in 2018 can't figure out how to automatically route its customers to the correct website or organize its supply chain to send its products from the most logical shipping point to save themselves time, money and possible negative feedback like this, then thats on them.

Whether or not I ordered the parts from the U.S. website isn't really the point because their sales manager when questioned about, emailed and told me that they didn't have any in the Florida warehouse anyway, so it was coming from Brussels.

Excuses..... excuses...... excuses..... Its not my fault if your IT department can't effectively route users to the correct site and have it stick. EVERY time I visit your website, it prompts me to visit the U.S. site, which I select up on the upper left of the home page. When something gets ordered, it bounces the order to the parent site.

I have no reason to lie and your attitude of denial and blaming me for the mix up is very revealing.

Your sales manager in Florida emailed me after I tried to chat with a rep about my order and despite knowing that the order should have been routed through him, DID NOTHING to correct the issue. He also told me that the U.S. warehouse didn't have the parts I ordered and they were coming from Brussels anyway. Coordinate the two entities, clear up the technical glitch that users like me encounter and I'll stop revealing my poor experiences. Your prices and rewards points are a great incentive to use your company, but not worth the uncertainty on delivery when a vital piece of equipment breaks down and we need them.

FWIW, its now Wednesday and the parts STILL haven't been delivered.
Their sales are good as well. I got a mainboard for $1635 CAD and was quoted $3,000 CAD up here in Canada.

TimToad

Could you walk me through changing the manifold? I have tried 5 and have had an air leak preventing my dampers to fill.(VP-300) EVERY TIME!!! I am desperate. I have replaced everything from pump to ink cartridge with no luck
I can here the air leak at manifold but can’t figute out what I am doing wrong. New gasket attached to print head each time.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the VP-300, we have a VP-540. Does it have four individual printheads?

Are you using new manifold(s) or the old one(s)?

What we discovered when changing out a printhead on ours was that the nipple that ink supply hose attaches to deteriorates over time from the solvents. They are very easy to snap off. Also the little gaskets that should be included with new manifolds need to be used because the old ones will be dried out and cracked or just fall apart.

I would just go step by step, making sure you first turn off the printer, discharge any static before going near the printhead and be careful about not overtightening the screws. There are online manuals available for doing most repairs.