• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a little help please

OK
Here is what is going on
I need to cut a 16" by 50" long piece of vinyl pretty simple.
Well I'm using CM2 with AI 10 and its not letting me cut it passed 24" long
what am I doing wrong here?

Case

you may need to change your page length on your plotter.............set it to like 1000+ inches on the control panel of the plotter...

Case

Impact Image

He's saying your "page" setting for your plotter may be limiting to your 24" limits. You're going to have to go into custom settings and tell it the material is X.

X>50"

As soon as CM opens you will see a tabs for media size and job size. Just adjust them accordingly.
OK i've done that and what happens is on the job size when I change one number it also will change the other numbers
example
If I wanted to cut 16" wide and I input that it will change the length to 57.172
so if I change the length to the correct length (50.000") it will change the width size to 13.993 and if I go back and change the width size to 16.000 it will also change the length size back to 57.172
Now it gets better, once I change it and have the correct size, width and length and I send it to cut on the right side of the screen where it show's what I'm cutting there are sections in the screen and it will only cut up to 24.000"
My Media is set at 24.000X1968.000inches
Job size % is set at 22.222% but that changes everytime I change the size
Proportional is checked
Position is set at 0
copies is set at 1
so I'm clueless why its cuts only to 24" length

send it from illustrator full size then...
thats what I have been doing and once it gets to the CM2 it changes the size and length
Example:
in AI if I change the size to 16 wide to 50 length the go to file on the upper left hand side of the screen, and use the drop down menu and go to cust master 2 and then go to cut and plot it then changes it to what ever it wants too. Now if I go into that program and change the wide size and length size it also changes the %
If I go back it AI and re set it and do the same thing in cut master it will not change but when I cut and plot it will only cut up to 24 inches in length
now on the right hand side of the screen when I'm in cut master there is sections on that screen where the art work is suppose to go, its kinda hard to explain it but there are there so I think that the program is telling the plotter to cut up to 24 inches in length and some how I got to get those sections or lines out of there and it will probley work
I hope this makes sence

GRAPHTEC

Hello,

Double check what was suggested to you before regarding page length:
(not sure if I missed you mention the exact model I'm assuming you have a CE500)
-PAUSE, NEXT until you see Page Length, ENTER set to 1196in ENTER,-
then press NeXT until you see Command, ENTER, GPGL, ENTER, MAKE SURE YOUR Step Size setting is the same as in CM2 or 254.
In CM2 check the Step Size setting by clicking on the Adv. tab, Step size and again make sure you have it set to exactly what is on the plotter, this step size setting if its not matching will mess w/ the scale of you job.
Now, after confirming this. Do not scale or resize your job w/ in CM2- always try to work w/ the exact sizes right out of your Adobe Ill. When you open CM2 the job size should be the same as in your design- if its not this is normal because if you have a weed border activated it will take that into account on the job size. Remember you can always load the Pen that came w/ the plotter, and turn your vinyl upside down and plot on the white backing to see or practice how you job is going to come out that way you dont waist to much material troubleshooting.

Hello,

Double check what was suggested to you before regarding page length:
(not sure if I missed you mention the exact model I'm assuming you have a CE500)
-PAUSE, NEXT until you see Page Length, ENTER set to 1196in ENTER,-
then press NeXT until you see Command, ENTER, GPGL, ENTER, MAKE SURE YOUR Step Size setting is the same as in CM2 or 254.
In CM2 check the Step Size setting by clicking on the Adv. tab, Step size and again make sure you have it set to exactly what is on the plotter, this step size setting if its not matching will mess w/ the scale of you job.
Now, after confirming this. Do not scale or resize your job w/ in CM2- always try to work w/ the exact sizes right out of your Adobe Ill. When you open CM2 the job size should be the same as in your design- if its not this is normal because if you have a weed border activated it will take that into account on the job size. Remember you can always load the Pen that came w/ the plotter, and turn your vinyl upside down and plot on the white backing to see or practice how you job is going to come out that way you dont waist to much material troubleshooting.
I will give this a try
I have a CE3000-60
but we will try it and report back thanks!

Ok I'm a bit confused about the first half of this,
starting with (-PAUSE, NEXT until you see Page lenght, enter GPGL, ENTER, MAKE SURE YOUR Step Size setting is the same as in CM2 or 254)also
(In CM2 check the Step Size setting by clicking the Adv. tab Step size and again make sure you have it set to exactly what is on the plotter)

the rest I understand but really the first part of this I do not as I cant seem to find it

Snydo

Un-check Proportional and you can enter any length and width you want. As far as "sections" on your pre-plot screen....If you were using Flexi Rip & Print this would indicate that you have 'Paneling' turned on. Best of Luck.

Un-check Proportional and you can enter any length and width you want. As far as "sections" on your pre-plot screen....If you were using Flexi Rip & Print this would indicate that you have 'Paneling' turned on. Best of Luck.
the only program I'm using is CM2 with AI 10 but on the pre print screen there is paneling ( or that is the best way to discribe it) how would I turn that off in CM2?

Double Diamond

I am using CM2 with ai CS3 with a graphtec CE3000-60. On the media size page in CM2(the first tab) the top drop down should be user defined. Then the media size to what the plotter gives you after it runs the set-up. This is the only one you should adjust. The second one should be 1968.00inches. Under job size the fit to media is unchecked and the proportional is checked. Under copies the selection only should be checked. This is my settings and I know that if something is accidentally changed, it will default to those settings until changed back. Something may have been entered in the wrong place. On my system it's usually job size entered when I meant to change the vertical media size. Try another random job and increase it's size to about the size of this one and see if it's CM2 or the ai file itself. If the problem is only the ai file, then try to copy the art and paste in a new file, save as a test file and that may work. It often does for me.
Hope this helps, if not you can email me the file and I will try to send it to my plotter and see what's up with it.
Joe

GRAPHTEC

I basically gave you 2 instructions, 1 was to check your page size: Pause, NEXT, until you find page size, enter, 1196in, enter. then go ahead and find Command, EnTER, ENTER check the step size,make sure that is set to what ever you have under step size in the cm2 window under Adv. basically the step size setting has to match on both the plotter and in CM2- if not you;ll have scaling issue.
If you still have the problem, it may be a good idea to reset CM2:
Close CM2 completely, Windows start button, Programs, CM2, preference manager, load, OK. close. try again.