• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a machine to cut out our finished decals

Bigcat_hunter

Does anyone know of a machine that can cut out different size decals in bulk? By cut out I mean all the way through the backing after we remove the unwanted vinyl on contour cut decals. Not in any special shape just squares and rectangles. I thought I saw something on this forum where someone had posted a link to a machine like that but I cant find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TresL

Are talking about perf cut? If so several will do it, The best I have used yet is the Summa for it.

Bigcat_hunter

Are talking about perf cut? If so several will do it, The best I have used yet is the Summa for it.

Not sure what you mean by perf cut. I need a machine to cut all the way through the backing. The fotoba looks exactly like what we need. We churn out thousands of decals and need something that can handle quantity. Cutting individual decals by hand by the thousands sucks.

rjssigns

For anything bulk, i.e hundreds of units I use a sub. Unless you are charging a fortune per unit you will have very thin margins. You eat up a ton of time processing too. Subbing out frees up time to lock down more work.

Bigcat_hunter

For anything bulk, i.e hundreds of units I use a sub. Unless you are charging a fortune per unit you will have very thin margins. You eat up a ton of time processing too. Subbing out frees up time to lock down more work.

I don't know if that would work. We have to have them cut on demand sometimes daily. We are keeping up but I think a machine would speed up time. I can't send stuff off to have someone else cut. Sometimes we have to cut 1000+ decals in a two day period.

bigben

Royal solverign have a trimmer similar to fotoba. I just saw it yesterday and the price is 2800$cnd for the 98in model. I also saw another Italian company I can't remember the name. But their prices is half the fotoba in general. I'll check the name when I will be back at the office.

Bigcat_hunter

Royal solverign have a trimmer similar to fotoba. I just saw it yesterday and the price is 2800$cnd for the 98in model. I also saw another Italian company I can't remember the name. But their prices is half the fotoba in general. I'll check the name when I will be back at the office.

That Royal solverign trimmer looks perfect. The fotoba's are like 17k! Man thanks for posting that. I think that will save me many man hours and boost productivity. Awesome.

bigben

here is the link for the other company I've found. http://www.flexa.it/eng/product-detail-313.asp?CodP=040100300 It as the same specs as the fotoba but half the price. The miura II 265 is around 23k$cnd compare to 50k$ for the fotoba. I've tried it and it is awesome. It can cut on both x and y side and it read cut marks. When I tried it, I've cut 200 stickers 3.5inX4.5in in less than a minute.

I like the royal solverign and I've send them an email to know if they plan to do a 144in model. I do alot of 10ft panels for wallpapering.

Mosh

Guess I don't understand why they have to be cut all the way through...
I have been printing decals since 1988 and not one person has ever cared that the backing paper
wasn't cut to shape like the decal.

Bigcat_hunter

Guess I don't understand why they have to be cut all the way through...
I have been printing decals since 1988 and not one person has ever cared that the backing paper
wasn't cut to shape like the decal.

No I'm not cutting them to shape. We just sell them as individual units so every decal must be cut out and we are doing it by hand.

Bigcat_hunter

Update:
Ended up buying the Royal solverign trimmer. All I can say is wow. This thing is awesome. Just did about 2.5 hours of work in 20 min. Big time money saver if your churning out tons of decals!

bigben

Update:
Ended up buying the Royal solverign trimmer. All I can say is wow. This thing is awesome. Just did about 2.5 hours of work in 20 min. Big time money saver if your churning out tons of decals!

Good! And how much did you pay for it? I'm waiting for a 144in version.

Bigcat_hunter

Good! And how much did you pay for it? I'm waiting for a 144in version.

I'm into it about $3,000 with a three year additional warranty. I got it a few hundred cheaper through Denco in Portland, Oregon then directly from mfg. I decided to not go with the automatic type trimmers that use crop marks or trim marks. I couldn't justify the big costs vs productivity. The manual trimmer will work great.

Bugley1

I am looking for the same thing for digital decals, i am printing 500 decals right now actually. I have the Mimaki "Half Cut" its automatic but takes some time, only thing i saw when i watched the video of the RS was that the blade went all the way from side to side seems like some wasted time when cutting small decals how has a large quantity of small decals worked for you?

player

I would have thought the perf cut method would be better... not having to line everything up. It still seems like a ton of work. With perf cut the decal is cut on all 4 sides.