Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a material/process suggestion

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by TyrantDesigner, Apr 8, 2013.

1. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Alrighty, a customer is looking for a giveaway for his companies anniversary. It's going to be the company logo, and he wants it to be like cut vinyl but without the transfer tape and is only a 4" square graphic. I am going to quote him for screen printed die cut stickers, but he is looking for something without a clear or white backer and in the quantity of 300 to 1000 at that small size without the transfer tape ... cut vinyl is out. does anyone know of an alternative to this? I was thinking of something like an electrocut process, but that would still need some sort of transfer tape to not deform, but i'm at a loss now.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    um...

3. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Dome it, and charge through the roof. :)

4. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    I already set the expectation that what he might be able to only get a clear backed sticker for a give away or cut vinyl with transfer tape ... just figured if someone knew of something out of the ordinary ... might as well ask. :toasting:

5. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Use general formulations 222 with permanent adhesive. I use a ton of this stuff. Works perfect for short term stuff. It is 6-mil, semi rigid, goes on like a dream. Even a customer could put it on without screwing it up!

6. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    And you don't even have to laminate it, and super cheap to...btw