• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a material to stick to paver stones

gabagoo

Have a customer who needs to have a decal made that can go on a paver stone for the purpose of indicating where an electrical box is located beneath. the stones will get walked on and they decal will be 3" x 3" . It snows up here so would be also susceptible to snow shoveling. Any suggestions on a material and laminate?

FatCat

We've used 3m IJ-8624 with good success on similar projects, but realize it will likely need replaced every few years...depending on wear and tear.

fozzie

pix of alumagraphics we have had in front of our entrance. lot of foot traffic. 5 summers, 4 winters (we in north illinois). shoveled, snow blowed, salted, etc.
first 3 years looked pretty good...last year started to show wear. uv direct print.

Attachments

• IMG_5856.jpg
    IMG_5856.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 248

gabagoo

pix of alumagraphics we have had in front of our entrance. lot of foot traffic. 5 summers, 4 winters (we in north illinois). shoveled, snow blowed, salted, etc.
first 3 years looked pretty good...last year started to show wear. uv direct print.
This looks like the way to go.... do you use a laminate on it?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Have a customer who needs to have a decal made that can go on a paver stone for the purpose of indicating where an electrical box is located beneath. the stones will get walked on and they decal will be 3" x 3" . It snows up here so would be also susceptible to snow shoveling. Any suggestions on a material and laminate?

Did you happen to miss the post below a couple of weeks ago?

https://signs101.com/threads/brick-stone-engraving.154616/#post-1441854

Tell them to find an engraver/sandblaster to take care of the project.

Hey...that's just what I was thinking...100% permanent and legible even when the paint is long gone.

JB

Last edited:

bannertime

I'm a fan of Alumigraphics, but only when it's used for it's intended purpose. Promotional graphics.

Like said, having it blasted would be the way to go.

I'd make a paint mask and paint it before I'd use a printed graphic.

bannertime

Walk & Walk in even more temporary than Alumigraphics. It'll last at most 2-3 months outdoors. It's got a good bond, but it's not as conformable. It's really good for carpet.