• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a MM that can print direct to Aluminum

TheSnowman

I'm assuming that this is possible in today's world.

I have a local university that is wanting me to quote a 12' X 80' graphic that will be all on the side of a field house.

They want me to quote 13oz banner, 20oz banner, and Aluminum. I was going to figure up (if I can even get these) (20) 4' X 12' Sheets of ACP or Alumalite product of some kind, and then lay down some 3M on top of them, but decided there had to be a faster way, even if I had to drive on a long trip to go pick them up.

Does anyone know if we have a merchant here that can do this, and also does anyone know what kind of life expectancy I could get before they were going to start fading?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We can flatbed print them for you. They make 5' x 12' in diebond. We use it quite a bit.

PM me and I'll discuss some things we can do for you.

We're in southeast PA, so it would be a long haul, but it might be worth your while chatting about it. In fact, according to your costs, you might want to think about common freight.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you go with aluminum I would have them screen printed. I think there a MM here is victorybackdoor, located in Iowa
You're gonna make at least 20 separate 4' x 12' screens and screen print only one and hope there are no mistakes ?? Is this whole thing only one color or are there traps or bleeds ?? If there are multiple colors..... do you realize how many screens would be made ??

ChicagoGraphics

opps I read it wrong, I thought he was looking for 20-4x12s printed with one image.

I would go with a heavier banner material and depending how you install it maybe you can use one of them rail frame systems.

TheSnowman

Yea, this is one giant image...all panels different. Just getting them pricing on 13oz banner, 20oz banner, and then aluminum faced option too.

D&Tgraphics

Can't Merritt graphics make this as 1 banner? I believe they can ship it to you as a one piece giant banner. Maybe I'm wrong. ?