• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a new Computer

LizardWraps

newest version of flexi Pro (yes registered!!) Flexi told me its best to run on 32 bit, and Vista.... But there is no-way I'm going with Vista!!! Any Sugestions? Not Too Expensive I am on Some sort of budget!! I will also be using PhotoShop CS3.. There are many posts about NO Problem running on win7..
Also I have a Roland cx-400 and the driver only supports XP, and there not supporting CX's anymore???

Single Core? Duel Core?? Quad Core???
Memory?? Video Card??

Help!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
And I have it running on an XP Pro Quad Core with no problem. If you have a driver issue then stay with XP. If you are staying with 32 bit then there's no reason to get more than 4MB of RAM. Photoshop can only use 2MB of it anyway and XP can only use a fraction over 2 MB.

LizardWraps

the only problem with that is I was told that most of the new computer components such as video-card processor ect. wont work with xp??
This is the prob. I'm running into??
Spoke to the guys over at BestBuy and they told me if I buy any of there computers and It doesn't work the way I need it to I can return it, with no re-stocking fee!! I'm just about ready to give it a try.. My exsisting computer is just about DEAD!!

SignBurst PCs

We can build anything you need. We can build with XP, but I bet that is not your best solution. Give me a buzz!

I am very good with software compatibility, especially sign and graphic design software. That is what we do!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
SignBurst is an option you should look into.

If that doesn't work out, then I suggest you start looking beyond Best Buy as a source. All our workstations are XP Pro SP3. I just had a couple of hardware issues and took them to my computer guy. One was a replacement video card and a power supply. No problem. The other was worse off and he sold me a quad core and cloned my old hard drive to the new one ... still running XP Pro ... just a lot faster. The whole replacement including his setting it up to match what I had was $575 and it took just overnight.