• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a new face for 3' x 15' box sign. Polycarb distributor?

signlords

Customer is renting a building with a 3' x 15' box sign. Decent shape, good electrical, but the face is long since gone. They can't afford a thermoformed face. Is polycarbonate still the best option for a flat face on this and anyone know a good distributor? Having a hard time getting something this size. Thanks for any input or advice!

reQ

Any substrate distributor should have rollstock of lexan, thats what u need

signlords

In my area I usually use Grimco, piedmont plastics, Farco. None of them have anything lol. Got recommended to a place a few hours away that delivers every other week. They only have roll stock poly carb in that size. And it's 52" x 15' so I'd have to charge the customer for all of it because the 16" leftover would be useless.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I kinda doubt a 3' x 15' is a pan face. To be safe, what's the depth of the cabinet ??

Anyway, for the OP...... it's part of doing business to buy materials for the job and charge accordingly. We all do it.

You say it's a waste..... ?? We just did a sign 2-sided sign 2 weeks ago, where the guy wanted to change out a small panel at the top of his sign. It was 12" x 88" Your waste becomes gravy down the road, if you have the capability of stocking it.

J Hill Designs

I kinda doubt a 3' x 15' is a pan face. To be safe, what's the depth of the cabinet ??

Anyway, for the OP...... it's part of doing business to buy materials for the job and charge accordingly. We all do it.

You say it's a waste..... ?? We just did a sign 2-sided sign 2 weeks ago, where the guy wanted to change out a small panel at the top of his sign. It was 12" x 88" Your waste becomes gravy down the road, if you have the capability of stocking it.

local paint store here has a 3'x20' pan face sign so it's not unheard of

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Some places like Laird Plastics or other plastics companies will cut material for you.
Haven't ordered anything from them in a long time.

TXFB.INS

N Glantz and Reece have the requested material.

most supplies will sheet cut and you have to cut it to size. just like you said the 16" is pointless and they cannot use it either.

we are working on a reface for 60 x 144 pan face, maybe they are uncommon in your area?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps they are... uncommon in our area. Plus, we don't do a lot of electric signs. However, we do a fair amount. The majority of pan faces seem to be 60" x 144" or less, in one piece.