• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a new plotter?

The Sign Dude

I have a Graphtec CE 3000-60 mk2 and when I use it to cut sandblast mask I wind up getting a X Position warning when it tries to feed. any suggestions are appreciated.

I am considering buying a used graphtec if anybody has one for sale that is 42" and has ARMS let me know.

Pro Image

You need to slow the cutter down and pull out some excess mask off the roll......That stuff is heavy and the motors are not built to pull that much weight fast........

The Sign Dude

I turned the speed down to 10 and I baby sit it while its cutting so that it doesnt have to pull off the roll. its kind of hit and miss. sometimes it does fine and sometimes..well....:frustrated:

Pro Image

To be really honest with you.....The CE series was not built to cut that stuff.....You need the 7000 series to really cut blast with......

The Sign Dude

yeh I know they are kinda light duty. Help me keep an eye out for a used
FC 7000 42" if you would. I will just sell this one.

Graphtec fc7000 is a good plotter but if you are cutting that material all the time it might be time to think about something other than a drag knife plotter. My recomendation is a summa tanginal blade sure there alittle pricey but do you want to babysit everyone of these sandblast mask jobs. I can say I have seen it done with the summa and also with a gerber but the gerber was tractor fead and width is the restriction there.