Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Place to Find Product - Very Large A-Board

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by rdm01, Nov 15, 2012.

1. rdm01

rdm01 Active Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland Metro Area
    I need an a-board that is larger than your typical signicade. About 5+ feet high, possibly with wheels to transport it around. I am having no luck with our typical suppliers, but know they exist. I would prefer not to custom make these, but will if need be.
    Thank you in advance.

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I have never seen anything like that from a supplier.

3. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    sounds like it's time for custom, never seen them either at that size unless they were custom built.

4. rdm01

rdm01 Active Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland Metro Area
    I guess it's time to make some sawdust...

Thanks for the help!

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    We built 4' X 8's for a car dealership (who in the end screwed us out of 5K, but that's another story) and just did them with 1X material and then plywood over the top of that and we put hinges on the top, just like a door hinge. Heavy, but wind didn't knock them over, and they did the job.

6. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  7. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    We've got several around town that hold 4'w x 6't. We had our welder make the frames from 1" x 1" square tube steel with a center brace across to support the sign panels in the middle. The hinges are welded to the top.

We do the panels on 3mm coro and put three grommets down each side, the customer attaches them to the frames with zip ties.

They do have to stake them down so they don't blow away but it would be easy enough to run a center brace across the bottom and sandbag them.

8. Tom Dalton

Tom Dalton Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Illinois
  9. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    We have made these for a car dealership as well. 4x8 Alupanel on a pvc frame. It took a little to figure out all of the pvc pieces. The dealership wanted them to be light enough that two guys could lift them in and out of pickup truck beds in the lot.