• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a Place to Find Product - Very Large A-Board

rdm01

I need an a-board that is larger than your typical signicade. About 5+ feet high, possibly with wheels to transport it around. I am having no luck with our typical suppliers, but know they exist. I would prefer not to custom make these, but will if need be.
Thank you in advance.

jfiscus

Rap Master
sounds like it's time for custom, never seen them either at that size unless they were custom built.

TheSnowman

We built 4' X 8's for a car dealership (who in the end screwed us out of 5K, but that's another story) and just did them with 1X material and then plywood over the top of that and we put hinges on the top, just like a door hinge. Heavy, but wind didn't knock them over, and they did the job.

Pat Whatley

We've got several around town that hold 4'w x 6't. We had our welder make the frames from 1" x 1" square tube steel with a center brace across to support the sign panels in the middle. The hinges are welded to the top.

We do the panels on 3mm coro and put three grommets down each side, the customer attaches them to the frames with zip ties.

They do have to stake them down so they don't blow away but it would be easy enough to run a center brace across the bottom and sandbag them.

idsignsil

We have made these for a car dealership as well. 4x8 Alupanel on a pvc frame. It took a little to figure out all of the pvc pieces. The dealership wanted them to be light enough that two guys could lift them in and out of pickup truck beds in the lot.