• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a product suggestion

rfulford

Good day everyone,
Has anyone wrapped an escalator handrail before? I found this company that offers printed media but I would prefer to produce it myself. It looks like a pretty cool product for trade shows. I was thinking about trying 480C. Any thoughts on what might work? Examples are in the link below.

https://adrailusa.com/our-work/

petepaz

you will probably want to use a high tack vinyl due to the material you are mounting it to and the wear and tear it will be getting

rfulford

petepaz
I thought so as well but the term of the graphic is only a couple of days. I would like to avoid anything that might leave a residue if possible. I am also thinking it should be very thin in order to take the curve if not cast.

visual800

this would be one of those calls I get and they would hear NO! I cannot fathom the cleaning and the adhesion of anything to that rail

petepaz

petepaz
I thought so as well but the term of the graphic is only a couple of days. I would like to avoid anything that might leave a residue if possible. I am also thinking it should be very thin in order to take the curve if not cast.
well you definitely want to use a cast vinyl and lam combo and i would probably do it in like 4ft sections to make the install easier and not get too much stretch in the material. just be aware this job is going to suck..haha

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, this isn't even a new setup ?? You'd be putting this on a handrail that has been contaminated by millions of hands with who knows what on them ??

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Interesting, according to their FAQ they have a special applicator system. Should only take aprox. 1 hr per escalator. I would like to see that in action.
I wonder if they have a dispenser for the vinyl and just let the escalator rip, then come back and smooth the edges down.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Besides having a unique ability to do this, they are the ONLY company allowed to apply any handrail graphics by law in the US.

visual800

to be honest Im sick of advertising. Watching streaming apps and seeing drug and cleaning ads. Listen to radio and here nothing but ads. Bought XM Radio when it came out, they said AD FREE.....nope they started playing ads!

garyroy

to be honest Im sick of advertising. Watching streaming apps and seeing drug and cleaning ads. Listen to radio and here nothing but ads. Bought XM Radio when it came out, they said AD FREE.....nope they started playing ads!
Aint that the truth!! I bought a lifetime Sirius subscription when it first came out. Already had it transferred to 3 different autos.
Every channel except "easy listening" is packed with ad's. Just like listening to regular radio.
The only advantage is you can listen to 1 channel even if you're driving for 8 hours. :rolleyes:

jochwat

Graphics Department
I felt the same way when I first heard the request... that we can't let any blank space left alone, and it must be covered in yet more frickin messaging... enough already!

But then I looked at some of the sample images on the website and, hey, yeah... when done with foresight, thought, and planning, the branding for some of those looks really, really nice. That's some mighty cohesive adhesive if I do say so myself.