• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a profile for Oracal 3165RA

ams

Can someone post a color profile for Oracal 3165RA for a Roland VP540i ? It's only a 4 color CMYK
Thanks

jriley

Can someone post a color profile for Oracal 3165RA for a Roland VP540i ? It's only a 4 color CMYK
Thanks

Here's two Versaworks CMYK profiles for the VP540i that I found on the Orafol website. One is for Orajet 3165M, the other for Orajet 3165G. Couldn't find one for RA (removable adhesive?) Either way, my guess is that these will work fine. Can't hurt to give them a shot, eh!? :)

Attachments

• VP540i_VW_Orajet3165M_MAX_720.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 221
  • VP540i_VW_Orajet3165G_MAX_720.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 246

ams

Here's two Versaworks CMYK profiles for the VP540i that I found on the Orafol website. One is for Orajet 3165M, the other for Orajet 3165G. Couldn't find one for RA (removable adhesive?) Either way, my guess is that these will work fine. Can't hurt to give them a shot, eh!? :)

I have these but like gray is printing a green tint with 0,0,0,80. Photos are coming out dark, etc.

jriley

I once ran into a problem with greys coming out with a pinkish hue (not green) with a Roland VP-540 (not 540i, but same heads), ended up running all service mode head alignments, and it fixed the issue. Is your nozzle check perfect? Are you having the same green tint issues with other medias and profiles?

signman315

Signmaker
Have you tried the generic Roland GCVP?
I print 3165RA with GCVP profile on an XR640 everyday. Very good profile for any white vinyl on a Roland. If you're greys aren't neutral (either pinkish or greenish) then it's possibly a hardware issue with the heads...i.e. some jets are weak....OR you're profile needs to be recalibrated. Various environmental conditions have an effect on how the printer prints, including humidity, temperate, and so on. So if you recalibrate every once in awhile it will adjust the profile accordingly. I don't use Flexi so I'm not sure how they handle it, but in ONYX there are options to recalibrate media profile under media management. As for the hardware/jet potential issue it can be hard to pin down....for example when you do a jet test it might look perfect, but that's not a real life print scenario and doesn't stress the heads the way a real print does. So your jet test might look great and you could still have a head/jets that are weak. So if you're magenta head is just beginning to weaken then most prints will be fine except for lighter colors and neutral greys will start to lean green/pink. One quick correction (though a bad practice and a band aid fix to get a job out the door) is to use color correction in the RIP....so if you're greys look green then add magenta...if they look pink then add cyan/yellow and so on. Last but not least, view your prints in their final environment. Interior lighting is terrible and throws color casts all over the place. So for example I once worked in a shop where all the greys looked pink in the print room, but take them into natural sunlight and they are perfectly neutral. So I had to adjust mentally when I see prints coming off the printer....if greys didn't look pink in the print room then they looked green in the sun. Ink/vinyl only reflects the color of light that bounces off of it...so if your interior lighting throws a green tint then you will see more green reflected. The human eye is very good at balancing colors and so you don't see the color cast in the room. Think of color balance on a DSLR, in a room that appears to the human eye to be neutrally lit a DSLR will take a picture that shows the color cast of the room because the DSLR doesn't adjust the way the eye does. And that's the purpose for using the white balance features on a camera or the color balance features in photoshop. Hope it helps :)

player

I print 3165RA with GCVP profile on an XR640 everyday. Very good profile for any white vinyl on a Roland. If you're greys aren't neutral (either pinkish or greenish) then it's possibly a hardware issue with the heads...i.e. some jets are weak....OR you're profile needs to be recalibrated. Various environmental conditions have an effect on how the printer prints, including humidity, temperate, and so on. So if you recalibrate every once in awhile it will adjust the profile accordingly. I don't use Flexi so I'm not sure how they handle it, but in ONYX there are options to recalibrate media profile under media management. As for the hardware/jet potential issue it can be hard to pin down....for example when you do a jet test it might look perfect, but that's not a real life print scenario and doesn't stress the heads the way a real print does. So your jet test might look great and you could still have a head/jets that are weak. So if you're magenta head is just beginning to weaken then most prints will be fine except for lighter colors and neutral greys will start to lean green/pink. One quick correction (though a bad practice and a band aid fix to get a job out the door) is to use color correction in the RIP....so if you're greys look green then add magenta...if they look pink then add cyan/yellow and so on. Last but not least, view your prints in their final environment. Interior lighting is terrible and throws color casts all over the place. So for example I once worked in a shop where all the greys looked pink in the print room, but take them into natural sunlight and they are perfectly neutral. So I had to adjust mentally when I see prints coming off the printer....if greys didn't look pink in the print room then they looked green in the sun. Ink/vinyl only reflects the color of light that bounces off of it...so if your interior lighting throws a green tint then you will see more green reflected. The human eye is very good at balancing colors and so you don't see the color cast in the room. Think of color balance on a DSLR, in a room that appears to the human eye to be neutrally lit a DSLR will take a picture that shows the color cast of the room because the DSLR doesn't adjust the way the eye does. And that's the purpose for using the white balance features on a camera or the color balance features in photoshop. Hope it helps :)
Will full spectrum lights help with indoor colours?

signman315

Signmaker
Will full spectrum lights help with indoor colours?
Quite possibly yes, though I haven’t tried it. My hunch would be that they would help but not perfectly. Best solution is a properly calibrated profile but sometimes easier said than done. My go to is to view the finished product in the environment it will be displayed, typically outdoors, especially when creating/editing profiles and ink limits, etc. It’s amazing how much of a color shift from natural light to otherwise. If color accuracy is primary for a job I’ll print a few samples and view them outside or in their final environment. Once you get to know the profiles quirks you can get away without printing the samples and just color correct in the RIP. For example I once worked with a UV machine that had weak jets on the light magenta and I knew that so I created a preset in the RIP that added 5% magenta and I could continue to use the weak head with good color accuracy for another year or so before replacing it...at which point I used the unedited profile until other heads start getting weak jets.

signman315

Signmaker
I use Corel and then printed with Versaworks
Haha I’m not a fan of either Corel or Versaworks...that’s more of my personal taste/experience though...but you should have the color management options available in your workflow...I started at a new shop in January and they were using versaworks with their Roland...I switched them to Onyx and never looked back...but I’m sure Versaworks has color management capabilities that will allow you to make color corrections.