• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a recommendation" What vinyl to put on truck with rivits?

signspe

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I've a customer with a 20ft box truck and rivits up and down the sides. Can anyone recommend a calendar vinyl and laminate that will work on this?
Thanks in advance,
Mike Flanagan
SIGNS par excellence sign company

2B

if you want it to last with the rivets, you have to use a cast vinyl!

+1 cast both on the vinyl and the lamination.

if you are set on using calendared material then you can remove the rivets install the material and re-install the rivets.
this method takes FOREVER and any savings in material will be lost and cost you more in the installation process.
and you still run the risk of early failure

d fleming

Oracal with matching lam. I just did a restripe on a big rv using their cast air egress wrapping film and knifeless tape. Nice stuff.

Drip Dry

I can understand using 3m cast with a printed job, but what do you use on a box truck when it's mostly cut vinyl.
You still have the problems with rivets. You can't print a simple phone number and put it on just because of rivets.
That would be one expensive job. do you use calandared ?

BTW... I have printed on 3651 and put it over rivits. Not an easy task, but it works. Looking at it many years later, it seems to still be Ok