Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a swift reply please...

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 10sacer, Jan 4, 2011.

1. 10sacer

10sacer Active Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Concord, NC
    Need a supplier for bulk bundles of 1 x 2 x 48" wood stakes with "V" already cut for temporary directionals

Thanks

Sean

Tags:
  2. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    I don't know a supplier but you can get some 1x2x8" at Home Depot or Menards and cut them yourself.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    +1 for seeing who supplies lumber companies with them...

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Stake Supply stocks those and will make custom sizes cheap, too.

5. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    These people sell direct to Surveyor Supply Stores and their mill is located in PA, but I do not know if shipping to Charlotte would be cost prohibitive or not... Shaffer Products Inc (717) 597-2688 ‎

If you don't need thousands, I'd just look up your local surveyors supply house, commercial contractor supply, reprographic companies sometimes carry them too.

6. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    You might want to check with a cabinet shop locally, too. We used to have to get custom 6' stakes made for a realtor and the cabinet shop up the street made them for us cheaper than we could buy the raw wood.

7. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Spindles for the railings on decks are 2"x2"x48". They are not V cut at the bottom, but have a taper cut. I use the ones left over from building our deck for stakes to fence off the schrubs during the winter.

Get them at any lumber yard and they are treated.

Dave