Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a template of a 1996 ford 8500 commercial truck

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by anothersign, May 29, 2013.

1. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    I need a template of a 1996 ford 8500 commercial truck i need to design stripes for..i have attached a photo for reference

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

is that THE TRUCK? if so why not take a few pics of it, take into corel draw and fit graphics to it..... take a side view........get the distance between the center of the front wheels and the center of the front set of rear wheels, make a box in corel that size and increase the size of the photo till you get the wheel base box you created. corel will do anything up to 150 feet by 150 feet.

3. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    I have started with a template that is close just without the air intake (circle) on hood....customer wants a stripe to start on lower half of door and come up onto the hood but the truck is 60 miles away so was trying to save the drive to measure it...truck pictured was from a google search. I am going to make the drive after rush hour tonight and do as you said and do it the old fashioned way and measure it...lol
    Thanks Old Paint i do appreciate the input though. Dan

4. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I'm pretty sure that truck is in one of my old PVO books. Probably they still have it available for single purchase? Probably too late now I assume...