• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a to smooth out gradiant fade

Mr. T

I am making a fade in Flexi from deep purple to orange. I filled the left icon with purple and the right one with orange and I am getting some vertical bands, or gradations. I am looking for a way to get a smoother transition. I am printing with a Mutoh ValuJet.
Any help would be apprieciated.
Tracy

Steve C.

Try adding some medium tones in between. I get the same thing going from
red to black, so I add brown or maroon to the middle.

Also might try playing with your heat settings, My Falcon is bad about banding
in gradiants. I can usually eliminate the problem with the heat controls.
Of course, when you do that, the durability of the print may suffer.

Drip Dry

I usually rasterize the gradients( just the gradient, not the entire image) in flexi first before sending to the rip. It prints a much better gradient without the banding.

dbenec

rasterize gradient and add as small amount of noise as possible (photoshop filter). if you have a non-printing area you can brush the noise back out in the 'paper' areas.

D&Tgraphics

Sorry I missed your call about this issue yesterday Tracy. I agree with the others about rasterizing the gradient.

Mr. T

fade

Thanks to those who responded. I tried everthing in Flexi with no good results. Dennis form D&T added some noise in Photo Shop and that did the trick. I don't have Photo Shop yet.. It will be here soooon!
Thanx again,
Tracy

signage

If you don't want to spend a fortune on a program to just do thing like this look into Corel, it can do the same.

SignsOfMaine

Also, when you rasterize the gradient and open it in photoshop, the gaussian blur filter can smooth things out quite a bit before adding noise.