• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a wholesale screenprinter for signs

zmatalucci

Hello,
I need a wholesale screen printer for signs. Up until recently, I was using firesprint but they dropped the ball on a $2,000 order and I cancelled it due to their ineptitude. Any suggestions for a new vendor?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Hello,
I need a wholesale screen printer for signs. Up until recently, I was using firesprint but they dropped the ball on a $2,000 order and I cancelled it due to their ineptitude. Any suggestions for a new vendor?
I haven't had experience with Firesprint yet as we don't get much call for screen printing and we can do the rest of their offerings in-house, but I have yet to find a better option for screen printed signs out there.

zmatalucci

thanks for the replies. They dropped the ball and let my order sit for over a week (with $2k order paid in full) because they said they needed an st-3 tax form. They said they e-mailed me for it, but I never got it, and at that point, they should've at least >called me< to ask for it instead of letting my job sit there in pre-flight. Election season is here, and they just lost a ton of work from me.

bannertime

Ah, so it was user error.

I always think it's strange that people in a hurry don't stay on top of things. There's a difference between being overbearing and calling every hour and simply following up to see if there is anything that needs done.

I'm constantly checking the process of my outsourced orders. Could be 3-10 at a given moment. Takes 2 minutes to login and check all the vendors. (In fact 4over has an app that makes it really easy! Wish everyone had it.) If something sits somewhere for longer than a day or two, I'm calling and asking what's going on. It's my opinion that I shouldn't have to babysit people. So I don't expect anyone else to babysit me. I'll send emails, text or leave voicemails when necessary, but I'm not going to sit there and try every hour to get a customer to send whatever I need. I'd be at the phone all day. Someone like Firesprint probably has even less time for that. Take it as a lesson learned.

You're a professional, they cater to professionals. This isn't daycare. The customer doesn't care if your vendor "dropped the ball," that's all on you. You failed to follow up and make sure you did everything you needed to do to meet their requirements. It says in the account sign up that your state's tax resale is required.

Attachments

• sstc.JPG
    sstc.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 208

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Ah, so it was user error.

I always think it's strange that people in a hurry don't stay on top of things. There's a difference between being overbearing and calling every hour and simply following up to see if there is anything that needs done.

I'm constantly checking the process of my outsourced orders. Could be 3-10 at a given moment. Takes 2 minutes to login and check all the vendors. (In fact 4over has an app that makes it really easy! Wish everyone had it.) If something sits somewhere for longer than a day or two, I'm calling and asking what's going on. It's my opinion that I shouldn't have to babysit people. So I don't expect anyone else to babysit me. I'll send emails, text or leave voicemails when necessary, but I'm not going to sit there and try every hour to get a customer to send whatever I need. I'd be at the phone all day. Someone like Firesprint probably has even less time for that. Take it as a lesson learned.

You're a professional, they cater to professionals. This isn't daycare. The customer doesn't care if your vendor "dropped the ball," that's all on you. You failed to follow up and make sure you did everything you needed to do to meet their requirements. It says in the account sign up that your state's tax resale is required.

Completely disagree, holding up an order for sales tax paperwork is just dumb. Happens all the time, I usually catch up with people after the fact myself. Getting the job does is priority #1, dealing with government paperwork bullshite comes when I get around to it.

bannertime

Completely disagree, holding up an order for sales tax paperwork is just dumb. Happens all the time, I usually catch up with people after the fact myself. Getting the job does is priority #1, dealing with government paperwork bullshite comes when I get around to it.

Sure, for B2C. I do a quick verification through my state's database anyway. That's not what this is. This is trade work. Anyone could claim to be a reseller, get the order, and ghost them. I'd rather our trade vendors actually verify the legitimacy of their customers before working with them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Sure, for B2C. I do a quick verification through my state's database anyway. That's not what this is. This is trade work. Anyone could claim to be a reseller, get the order, and ghost them. I'd rather our trade vendors actually verify the legitimacy of their customers before working with them.

When we are talking deadlines and I prepay for an order and the company sits on it for BS paperwork and doesn't give me a courtesy call, I would never use them just like the OP.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
You can find babysitters on facebook I'm sure.

bet you can, but getting negative press on a very popular sign forum because you didn't process an order is kinda silly...

I bend over backwards for my clients and I expect that from my vendors....

But that's just me

GB2

Old Member
Not only is Firesprint an honorable Merchant Member but also a helpful, always pleasant participating forum contributor. My personal experience has always been excellent with Firesprint, there work is top notch, my orders are always on time, their pricing is great and they are a progressive company with a nice organized presentation. I agree that initiating an account with a new vendor as a trade only customer can be frustrating but those verification's are for our benefit and are a normal part of conducting business, which we must simply deal with. I don't think your situation warrants publicly trashing a good Merchant Member.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
First I want to say that everything Zeth (zmatalucci) said is accurate. We did delay the processing of his order because we didn't have a sales tax permit on file.

We did drop the ball though. We failed to call our customer after our emails went unanswered. This was a failure in our process. It's far too easy to miss an email. Sometimes it's important to just pick up the phone and call.

I have spoken with my team about this, and everyone here understands and agrees that if we don't hear back from a customer within 24hrs, we're going to pick up the phone.

We are growing, and we make mistakes, but we'll learn from them and get better.

I am sorry Zeth.

Gene Hamzhie
CEO, FireSprint

zmatalucci

First I want to say that everything Zeth (zmatalucci) said is accurate. We did delay the processing of his order because we didn't have a sales tax permit on file.

We did drop the ball though. We failed to call our customer after our emails went unanswered. This was a failure in our process. It's far too easy to miss an email. Sometimes it's important to just pick up the phone and call.

I have spoken with my team about this, and everyone here understands and agrees that if we don't hear back from a customer within 24hrs, we're going to pick up the phone.

We are growing, and we make mistakes, but we'll learn from them and get better.

I am sorry Zeth.

Gene Hamzhie
CEO, FireSprint

Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so perturbed if the lady who advised me of the situation wasn't so quick to just throw up her hands and not even try to make things right. I used you guys quite often last year with excellent results, and never thought such a miniscule clerical issue could have such an impact on our business relationship.