• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a work around for painting on coroplast

I am stuck in rural northern arizona.I need a paint to block out part of a coroplast sign and the apply vinyl on top of . is there a paint I can send my helper 30 miles to a homedepot ace hardware that will work. No I cant just put vinyl on and letter over .
thx the falcon

several sizes and locations

Helping friend out at ranch assorted sizes and locations. some areas part of sign some areas blocking out sign.
I brought limited spare vinyl
no good deed goes unpunished!
I appreciate your help

Jillbeans

I would think that oil-based Rustoleum would be OK.
Just roll on, leave dry a day, then apply vinyl.
You can tape off the area with blue painter's tape so the patch is nice and straight.
Remove that right after painting.

Latex based paint will flake right off....and vinyl will not stick to it.
Seems like a lot of work for what is supposed to be only a temporary substrate.
love....Jill

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Look for a paint that sticks to polypropylene. That would be your best bet. They often list the type of plastic on the can.

I know you don't want to hear it, but nothing you do will work for any length of time. We're trying to get ink to stick to it every minute of every day. It's almost all we do. It's an uphill battle on coro.

Polypropylene and polyethylene are commonly used in packaging food and adhesive partly because they release well to come clean.

Billct2

I've lettered coro with one shot, so I think any good oild base would stick.
But my preferance would be Krylon Fusion.