• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on my shop's van wrap....

4R Graphics

I feel that it still needs some work especially on everything below the company name. Also not a big fan of the fonts your using on the logo but anyway it is MUCH BETTER than before.

Designing a wrap for your own company always seems to be the hardest wrap design go figure.

Color Spot North

I'm very new here, but only reading a few posts about design from others on here, and from my own experience, I can hear Joe Diaz typing already to "give the text on the back half there some room to breath".
Some negative space might work wonders on this one. I agree this is quickly moving in the correct direction for you.

DesireeM

It's definitely an improvement! I agree about the breathing room comment.

One thing that is bothering me is that your logo uses a capitalized "G" but then in your slogan you use a miniscule "g". You should be consistent throughout.
I think it should be miniscule in the logo because if it is capitalized it seems like you are trying to make "Gether" a word...Also then you end up seeing "2G" like those two letters mean something and are meant to stand out.

gritsonis

Not bad but why don't you give me 1 reason to even look at whats on your van? It looks way to boring for a company advertising vehicle wraps. From a half glance this looks like any typical plumbing or electric company van. The whole green on the front end is a complete waste of space. You should really throw some money down on a vibrant stock image or something interesting that will actually make me give a darn as to what your company does because right now I wouldn't look twice. And really it doesnt even have to relate to what you do. Ex: Shark, volcano exploding, fireworks, zombies, etc. I've only been in the biz for about 5 years but I do have a bachelors in advertising and I do know a thing or two about burning dog poo and the human response. But seriously you need to add something that will make people at a red light fight to look away from your van and all its glory. Good luck.
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 8.41.02 AM.png

DesireeM

Not bad but why don't you give me 1 reason to even look at whats on your van? It looks way to boring for a company advertising vehicle wraps. From a half glance this looks like any typical plumbing or electric company van. The whole green on the front end is a complete waste of space. You should really throw some money down on a vibrant stock image or something interesting that will actually make me give a darn as to what your company does because right now I wouldn't look twice. And really it doesnt even have to relate to what you do. Ex: Shark, volcano exploding, fireworks, zombies, etc. I've only been in the biz for about 5 years but I do have a bachelors in advertising and I do know a thing or two about burning dog poo and the human response. But seriously you need to add something that will make people at a red light fight to look away from your van and all its glory. Good luck.
View attachment 99359

Needs more cowbell!!:ROFLMAO:

Color Spot North

View attachment 99359
Different strokes/different folks as they say, but I disagree a little on this advice.

You have real estate available to tell a story/support about your brand. Granted you are correct that it has to be compelling enough to look at, but settling with a shark or something like that, actually could do a disservice to you brand. I mean think of Corona, they always have the beer, the logo, and then a beach for example, however the beach supports everything else. It wouldn't be the same, if they instead used an outer space photo. Corona could get away with it cause they are known, but not the little guy.

At least he has plenty to think about with all this advice!

Joe Diaz

View attachment 99359

I would argue your efforts in making something interesting and eye catching should be applied the brand and it's overall theme, not simply a stock photo that has no connection or relevance to the business. What good is simply catching someone's attention if there is no lasting connection made?

"Did you see that van with the fruit loops on it?"
"Yeah.... what did that company do?"
"I don't know something about 2 gether??? All I really remember is Fruit Loops"
"MMM Fruit Loops, I could really go for some Fruit Loops right now."

gritsonis

I would argue your efforts in making something interesting and eye catching should be applied the brand and it's overall theme, not simply a stock photo that has no connection or relevance to the business. What good is simply catching someone's attention if there is no lasting connection made?

"Did you see that van with the fruit loops on it?"
"Yeah.... what did that company do?"
"I don't know something about 2 gether??? All I really remember is Fruit Loops"
"MMM Fruit Loops, I could really go for some Fruit Loops right now."

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. If I saw a van covered in Fruit Loops I would almost go out of my way to find out what the company is/does just because it's sorta bizarre

"Do they deliver cereal? oh wait its a vehicle wrap company, hah thats cool".
"Stop at that gas station I need to grab some milk"

. I think sometimes solid logo design and perfect typography is not enough to sell an idea to somebody, especially your everyday bozo who wouldnt even be able to distinguish bad design from good. People are stupid and respond to stimulation. Not to mention you only have a few seconds on average to draw in the eye of passers by, I would put my money on Fruit Loops over solid typography and logo placement any day of the week.

Eye catching imagery, company name & contact info. That is the best combo imo.

all2gether

Thanks for all advices...here it is

I want focus on Rebranding and every time I have customers with me I tell them to have a clean design.
If you look around all the large companies has a very simple and clean design for they fleet.
I don't want go crazy with images...I want get exposure to the owner of the company to say " Thats what I want for my company and details imagery are in the website". I think will be a good way to my business. I hope you guys agree with me but I still want your opinion. Thank you all

Attachments

• ALL2GETHER_VAN_JUNE2014_v2_03.jpg
    ALL2GETHER_VAN_JUNE2014_v2_03.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 112

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks perfectly fine.

To fine tune it a little, I'd maybe emboss the green 'two' a little and make it slightly smaller, so not as much is cut away by the window. It's a nice touch to take away something like that and make the mind's eye fill in the blank. That's quite creative.

Your phone number.... I'm not sure if it's an oversight or you did it on purpose, but I think all the numbers should have the same weight to them.

:thumb:

gritsonis

I want focus on Rebranding and every time I have customers with me I tell them to have a clean design.
If you look around all the large companies has a very simple and clean design for they fleet.
I don't want go crazy with images...I want get exposure to the owner of the company to say " Thats what I want for my company and details imagery are in the website". I think will be a good way to my business. I hope you guys agree with me but I still want your opinion. Thank you all

I completely disagree with this. Google "vehicle fleet wrap" and you'll see every photo that shows up is better than your proof in almost every way. And the problem with that is that YOU are supposed to be the guy selling these wraps and your product right off the bat is bland and boring. I've seen funeral parlor vans with more life than your design. BORING. How about adding more than just 2 dark colors? I'm just being honest. I just showed it to a few people in my office and they all agree that for a company selling vehicle wraps this is not good enough. I can tell that I'm the minority here but I think all of you are over thinking this. Okay, I'll leave it at that.

Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 10.56.16 AM.png

DesireeM

I completely disagree with this. Google "vehicle fleet wrap" and you'll see every photo that shows up is better than your proof in almost every way. And the problem with that is that YOU are supposed to be the guy selling these wraps and your product right off the bat is bland and boring. I've seen funeral parlor vans with more life than your design. BORING. How about adding more than just 2 dark colors? I'm just being honest. I just showed it to a few people in my office and they all agree that for a company selling vehicle wraps this is not good enough. I can tell that I'm the minority here but I think all of you are over thinking this. Okay, I'll leave it at that.

View attachment 99365

Googling it is a bad idea. Google does not filter out the crap so googling something does not necessarily give you results that are worth noting....It just gives you ALL the results and since 90% of what's out there is usually crap I'd say you should NOT google it.

Busy or LOUD backgrounds only work if your design has little to no text in it. But if you are going text-heavy then simple, eye-catching backgrounds are best. Yes simple IS eye catching. It gives the mind a sense of tranquility.
Loud is eye catching too but not necessarily in the right way. You don't want to overwhelm people.

It comes down to this...You can either appeal to the public's more sophisticated senses with designs that are smart, clean and simple or you can dumb-down your designs with CrAzY backgrounds and loud-to-the-point-of-being-obnoxious-on-purpose designs that have no meaning but DEMAND to be seen and leave the viewer feeling violated.(Also know as - the easy(but much less effective) way.

I cannot express enough how wrong it is to throw in an element to your design that has NO MEANING related to your service. NEVER give that advice. Stop giving that advice. It is not good advice.

nikdoobs

Googling it is a bad idea. Google does not filter out the crap so googling something does not necessarily give you results that are worth noting....It just gives you ALL the results and since 90% of what's out there is usually crap I'd say you should NOT google it.

Busy or LOUD backgrounds only work if your design has little to no text in it. But if you are going text-heavy then simple, eye-catching backgrounds are best. Yes simple IS eye catching. It gives the mind a sense of tranquility.
Loud is eye catching too but not necessarily in the right way. You don't want to overwhelm people.

It comes down to this...You can either appeal to the public's more sophisticated senses with designs that are smart, clean and simple or you can dumb-down your designs with CrAzY backgrounds and loud-to-the-point-of-being-obnoxious-on-purpose designs that have no meaning but DEMAND to be seen and leave the viewer feeling violated.(Also know as - the easy(but much less effective) way.

I cannot express enough how wrong it is to throw in an element to your design that has NO MEANING related to your service. NEVER give that advice. Stop giving that advice. It is not good advice.

This +1.

Stanton

I have seen worse, but, then I wake up screaming.

Defend your presentation and sell it to me
in three short succinct sentences.

gritsonis

"Google results show crap" Yea I agree with that. My point was that all the crap you see when searching google is better than OP's layout. Maybe when I said OP should use images of exploding sharks I might have been exaggerating a bit. Vibrant imagery doesn't have to be loud or obnoxious, it can be done in a sleek meaningful way. Also I would argue that you can wrap the van in dog crap and it would still be relevant to the service. The van is a giant moving billboard that says to the viewer "hey you, you see this awesome design? this is something your company could benefit from having". And yea simple is better in most cases but this isn't a letterhead or a business card, it's an ad that has less than 3 seconds to rope in the viewer and make them want more. Currently the van is blue and green, the color of trees and the sky. There is not 1 element on it that makes me even give a darn what it is you do.

OK anyway since you are likely to stay with what you have just think to yourself, from a visual heirachy what element is going to draw me and and read about what it is you do in a matter of seconds. I just don't see that here.

DesireeM

"Google results show crap" Yea I agree with that. My point was that all the crap you see when searching google is better than OP's layout. <--Nope. Maybe when I said OP should use images of exploding sharks I might have been exaggerating a bit. <--Yep. Vibrant imagery doesn't have to be loud or obnoxious, it can be done in a sleek meaningful way. Also I would argue that you can wrap the van in dog crap and it would still be relevant to the service. <--See google definition of "relevant" The van is a giant moving billboard that says to the viewer "hey you, you see this awesome design? this is something your company could benefit from having". And yea simple is better in most cases but this isn't a letterhead or a business card, <--These are not examples of advertising. it's an ad that has less than 3 seconds to rope in the viewer and make them want more. Currently the van is blue and green, the color of trees and the sky. <--Blue:See also; water, blueberries, jeans, eyes, asphyxiation. There is not 1 element on it that makes me even give a darn what it is you do.

OK anyway since you are likely to stay with what you have just think to yourself, from a visual heirachy what element is going to draw me and and read about what it is you do in a matter of seconds. I just don't see that here.

I accept your opinion but I have to say it does not seem to be based on any historical, psychological, statistical or tried and true successful design teachings that I've ever encountered. I have to oppose for the sake of newbies who may not recognize it for what it is. Notes in RED

While I don't think OP's design is ground breaking, I think it would be worse having applied the advice above.

gritsonis

I accept your opinion but I have to say it does not seem to be based on any historical, psychological, statistical or tried and true successful design teachings that I've ever encountered. I have to oppose for the sake of newbies who may not recognize it for what it is. Notes in RED

While I don't think OP's design is ground breaking, I think it would be worse having applied the advice above.

You are right, these are just my opinions. But how can you say a business card is not a form of advertising? Thats retarded. Anyway, good luck with the design OP. I hope in the end your layout is effective and pretty. Im sure it will look great when its all said and done. Have a nice weekend everybody, Cheers!

Stanton

A bunch of verbose reasoning an posturing.

Somebody stop the Flat Earth Society debate game and say
"the "design" does not suck".

Stand up and say you love it...

Anyone... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller ?