Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on translucent vinyl

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ProWraps, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    long story short, we are leasing a 4.5' x 14' sign right on the freeway for a year with option to renew. its a backlit box with acrylic face.

i saw that translucent vinyl is pricey to the tune of $2.00+ per sq/ft but solvent printable as low as .44 cents per sq/ft for a solvex removable 1 year outdoor translucent.

we will change the message quite often, at least every month or two.

can someone with experience tell me if printing the solvex and doing a contour cut would work and not look bad?

its going to be just text and even though its right on the freeway with no obstructions, its still a good 50' feet away.

we were going to do two simple lines of text, no logos.

thanks a bunch in advance.
    -chris

Tags:
  2. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    for what it's worth I have done this a couple of times with ok results. You could always pick up a roll of clear and print your message with an overprint. If it is short term you could just use some calendared stuff and swap it out often.

Thanks,
    Kurt