• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on translucent vinyl

ProWraps

long story short, we are leasing a 4.5' x 14' sign right on the freeway for a year with option to renew. its a backlit box with acrylic face.

i saw that translucent vinyl is pricey to the tune of $2.00+ per sq/ft but solvent printable as low as .44 cents per sq/ft for a solvex removable 1 year outdoor translucent.

we will change the message quite often, at least every month or two.

can someone with experience tell me if printing the solvex and doing a contour cut would work and not look bad?

its going to be just text and even though its right on the freeway with no obstructions, its still a good 50' feet away.

we were going to do two simple lines of text, no logos.

thanks a bunch in advance.
-chris

speedmedia

for what it's worth I have done this a couple of times with ok results. You could always pick up a roll of clear and print your message with an overprint. If it is short term you could just use some calendared stuff and swap it out often.

Thanks,
Kurt