• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Advice Printing on banner material

stickerman12

I need advice print on 13 oz banner material with my JV33 with s21 inks.

Do most of you change the head hight on the printer head to thick? and if so do most of you do most of your printing on vinyl also with the thick head height?

Do you do a 12 pass bi driectional?

Any additional advice will be greatly appriciated.

Rodney - Upstate Signs

Cmiller01

Printer
I have a JV3 160SP, and we run ours on thick. We use Durabanner 13oz material.Banners are pretty easy in my opinion, as long as we dont use much heat on our banner material, and we dont use any heat on the second side because it likes to "stick" on our machine for some reason.It throws up a media jam error but it doesnt actually jam up, just sticks. We also run our vinyl on thick mode. We use 12pass 360x540. Perhaps the newer model will be similar?

Gabriel

Use the thick print head hight! This way you will prevent media jam and head crush. 540 x 720 is very good.

mustafade

I use 540x1080 6 pass, thin mode and it really prints well. I tried 540x720 and 720x720 I didn't like the quality.
I think it is personal preference what you want to sell to customer.
I always ask myself; "Would I buy this, if I was to be the customer?"
Best thing I would suggest is, print small swatches 12"x12" may be in several different modes and decide which one looks the best, color wise, color vibrancy would be the very first aspect I would be checking...