• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advise before i purchase a version of omega 2.5

banos_andres

I found a version of omega 2.5 on ebay for sale for $300 dls its able to output to plotter and printer however, i would like to know if i purchase this software will i be able to upgrade in the future thru the actual company at a cheaper price? Auction in ebay closes in 3 days i need feedback please.

J Hill Designs

No one answered the first time you asked, so my guess is no one knows for sure...

but I would imagine the original licenses are non-transferable.

paul luszcz

Gerber keeps good track of their stuff. When you buy hardware you transfer it. It may be the same with software. I beleive you need a hardware congle to run Omega and Gerber would keep track of that nad transfer ownership.

If you're planning to do this legally, why don't you call them and ask?

Mattshel

I know for our versions we have had, there is a USB dongle that needs to be attached at all times if you want to run the program.

Marlene

800-222-7446 is the phone number for Gerber. I'd give them a call and see what they say. they shluld be able to answer all your questions