• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need advise on how to word a post card

deadman

Our company purchased another sign company, sort of. The location for said company is 90 miles from our current location. We were already friendly with them. We traded and referred one another. They decided to close, so we purchased their files, materials, books, phone number, etc. We would like to send a post card out to their clients, letting them know about the change, and what services we can offer them. We are not certain if we will open a location there or not. For the moment the phone number rings at our location.

So, how would you word it? We didn't really "buy them out" or "take over". We have the files, and want to dabble in that market.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We have the files, and want to dabble in that market.

I believe in truth in advertising.

If you're in it to dabble, just let them know you're available for dabbling.

If you're there to do a respectable business, then by all means show 'em something worthy of their hard-earned dollars.

Just sayin'.

JB

ThinkRight

Our company purchased another sign company, sort of. The location for said company is 90 miles from our current location. We were already friendly with them. We traded and referred one another. They decided to close, so we purchased their files, materials, books, phone number, etc. We would like to send a post card out to their clients, letting them know about the change, and what services we can offer them. We are not certain if we will open a location there or not. For the moment the phone number rings at our location.

So, how would you word it? We didn't really "buy them out" or "take over". We have the files, and want to dabble in that market.

Tell them that you are available to handle anything that they need .
And send them some magnets or day planners with your info on them...
Beat the bushes and go meat some of them.
If there are any companies with fleets , go meet them and take them some samples.

Speedsterbeast

Use words like "acquired" said company with whom you've had a "long professional relationship with" and you'd be more than happy to extend your services to continue to give them the high level of service they had come to expect from said company.
I would suggest posting a proof so we have something to work with