• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Need an opinion on used printer purchase

dale911

President
I have 3 deals in front of me right now

Deal 1, GS6000 with new heads and 70 ink cartridges with it for $4k

Deal 2, 2 S50670 printers (1 has less than 14k sg ft and the other has less than 34k sq ft through it) no rip for $9k

Deal 3, 2 s70670 printers that we’re maintained by Epson but I don’t know the usage. Comes with onyx rip but I don’t know what version yet. $7k

Which would you choose. I have considered taking deals 1 and 3 together also.

I don’t need a rip since I have onyx and the L25500 I am using on it is going to the graveyard so I can run 2 printers with it but I am concerned about color gamut as I do wholesale printing only and have some very specific projects on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjssigns

If the S50670 and S70670's use the same heads, boards, cables, etc... it may be better to buy those. That way you have a ready supply of parts.
That's just the way I think though. Take it for what its worth.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Stay away from the GS6000. It's not a very good machine and it is older then the other machines mentioned. Also, 70 ink cartridges sounds great until they all expire and become worthless. The S series printers have newer print heads as well which are faster and more reliable.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Stay away from the GS6000. It's not a very good machine and it is older then the other machines mentioned. Also, 70 ink cartridges sounds great until they all expire and become worthless. The S series printers have newer print heads as well which are faster and more reliable.

It wouldn't shock me if they're already expired and the previous owner was running expired ink.

dmin3212

I agree with VanderJ, please avoid that GS6000. Those inks are terrible and yellow fades way quicker than the others so after 1 year, reds turn pink etc...Nice qualiy print but no longevity.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have 3 deals in front of me right now

Deal 1, GS6000 with new heads and 70 ink cartridges with it for $4k

Deal 2, 2 S50670 printers (1 has less than 14k sg ft and the other has less than 34k sq ft through it) no rip for $9k

Deal 3, 2 s70670 printers that we’re maintained by Epson but I don’t know the usage. Comes with onyx rip but I don’t know what version yet. $7k

I don’t need a rip since I have onyx and the L25500 I am using on it is going to the graveyard so I can run 2 printers with it but I am concerned about color gamut as I do wholesale printing only and have some very specific projects on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 1 new latex would out produce both the machines you want combined. If you are about to spend $11k on used equipment with no warranty you should just go with a brand new Latex unit.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.

Yes, I favor your thought of 1 and 3 together. You could put the same work on any or all of those 3 machines. You will have backup machines and high capacity. They are all very reliable, high quality, work horse machines from the same manufacture. You get a lot of ink for 1 of the machines and expiry date has never been an issue for me for printing fine art when using OEM ink.

Consumables for good projects could easily cost more in the first month than your purchase price. Onyx RIP? Bonus, even if its not the latest version.

I would verify the operation of the machines by sending my control files through them and then decide.