Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an Opinion

Discussion in 'Corel' started by knight, Mar 25, 2007.

1. knight

knight Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Seeing how I'm newb to the business and just starting, really dont have the funds yet for flexi or those other higher priced brands.
    Would Corel x3 suit my needs for all vinyl cutting, and for future designs as I get more into it like printing graphics etc...?
    Or is there a better software program around the same price?

thanks for the help,
    -Mark

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Corel

I have used Corel since version 1 and X3 is the best yet. For the money, you get a very powerful design program. To cut vinyl, you will need a cutting program. Something like CoCut, SignTools and others. Depending on the cutter you get or have, there usually is a basic program for Corel and Illustrator. Go to www.corelunleashed.com, www.softwareoutlet.com and www.corel.com for some good information. You can download a trial version at Corel. You can download a trial version of CoCut also at their web site.

3. knight

knight Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Just ordered it.

thanks for the reply

4. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    I agree with Jack that the Corel Graphics Suite offers the most bang for your buck. I use it as my primary design program and rarely have the need for anything else.
    If you do some searching, you'll also find that you may be able to cut directly from CorelDRAW without the need of a bridge program. But, that depends on your plotter.

Checkers

5. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Corel draw X3 is very powerfull software for the buck ..and they always have specials.....I saved for my 1st time starter ... bought legal older version #8 or newer for $25 ..bought e-mail upgrade $160 from corel ... full box $500 I'll do that next time I upgrade big and other software needed have fun
    thank you n enjoy life

6. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Corel X3 is a superior product . . . I cut with flexi, but do a ton of design work in X3 !

7. knight

knight Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Awsome, cant wait to try it out.
    Should be here in three days.
    Then I'll have to check out the vector art packages from our local -> Allied.

thanks again,
    -Mark