• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need an Opinion

knight

Seeing how I'm newb to the business and just starting, really dont have the funds yet for flexi or those other higher priced brands.
Would Corel x3 suit my needs for all vinyl cutting, and for future designs as I get more into it like printing graphics etc...?
Or is there a better software program around the same price?

thanks for the help,
-Mark

Jackpine

Corel

Seeing how I'm newb to the business and just starting, really dont have the funds yet for flexi or those other higher priced brands.
Would Corel x3 suit my needs for all vinyl cutting, and for future designs as I get more into it like printing graphics etc...?
Or is there a better software program around the same price?

thanks for the help,
-Mark

I have used Corel since version 1 and X3 is the best yet. For the money, you get a very powerful design program. To cut vinyl, you will need a cutting program. Something like CoCut, SignTools and others. Depending on the cutter you get or have, there usually is a basic program for Corel and Illustrator. Go to www.corelunleashed.com, www.softwareoutlet.com and www.corel.com for some good information. You can download a trial version at Corel. You can download a trial version of CoCut also at their web site.

Checkers

I agree with Jack that the Corel Graphics Suite offers the most bang for your buck. I use it as my primary design program and rarely have the need for anything else.
If you do some searching, you'll also find that you may be able to cut directly from CorelDRAW without the need of a bridge program. But, that depends on your plotter.

Checkers

Craig Sjoquist

Corel draw X3 is very powerfull software for the buck ..and they always have specials.....I saved for my 1st time starter ... bought legal older version #8 or newer for $25 ..bought e-mail upgrade $160 from corel ... full box $500 I'll do that next time I upgrade big and other software needed have fun
thank you n enjoy life

knight

Awsome, cant wait to try it out.
Should be here in three days.
Then I'll have to check out the vector art packages from our local -> Allied.

thanks again,
-Mark