• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need an opinions on this printer

Z SIGNS

Getting ready to buy a new printer. Looking at the HP l315 54" latex. Anyone had any experience with this machine? Yay or nay

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I personally run a 315 in one of our demo locations, I love it! What applications are you going to be doing with it? It's not great with pastels.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
If it's anything like the 360 as far as loading unloading media, I hate it. pia imo. At least compared to Mimaki.
As demonstrated here

p.s HP has since adopted a different approach that looks promising.

Z SIGNS

Thanks for your input Big Fish.Will be using this for normal everyday sign shop stuff. Outdoor signage, banners vehicles etc.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks for your input Big Fish.Will be using this for normal everyday sign shop stuff. Outdoor signage, banners vehicles etc.

Well in my opinion, Latex would be ideal for all your basic signage needs. I honestly feel that I can print onto more substrates than other ink technology and all the pros with Latex outweigh the negatives in my mind.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i have one and love it. I owed a few HP l25500's before this one and it's better than them.

it's about 10 months old now and hasn't had one issue, runs perfect

player

I have read there are issues with repeatability on colours with the latex units. So it you need to print something the exact same colour from time to time or match up large panels there may be issues.

ikarasu

I've printed stuff months apart, fixing panels on vehicles after they had an accident and the colors matched perfectly.

I've heard people have odd matching colors when paneling also, but I've never experienced it and latex is one of the go tos for vehicle wraps... so I'm going to presume its somehow user error (Switching out ink / print heads without doing a color calibration after, etc).

Ours is perfect colors everytime.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
interesting that someone who knows absolutely nothing about HP latex printers is answering questions from someone who is asking if he should buy one or not.

heads on this machine, the one he is asking about, the one I OWN and use daily can be purchased from GRIMCO for $137.43, I purchase mine from ebay for about $115

ink for this printer can be purchased from GRIMCO for $135, I buy mine from ebay for about $120.

These are numbers from someone who uses the printer he was asking about, not making up numbers from some imaginary friend. I guess your friends lie to you.

TomK

interesting that someone who knows absolutely nothing about HP latex printers is answering questions from someone who is asking if he should buy one or not.

heads on this machine, the one he is asking about, the one I OWN and use daily can be purchased from GRIMCO for $137.43, I purchase mine from ebay for about $115

ink for this printer can be purchased from GRIMCO for $135, I buy mine from ebay for about $120.

These are numbers from someone who uses the printer he was asking about, not making up numbers from some imaginary friend. I guess your friends lie to you.
While I'm not an HP Latex fanboi for other reasons (I own a 310), this pricing is true, heads are $130 USD and take about 2 or 3 minutes to change when needed and ink recently went up from $125 to $135 for 775ml. The other consumable is the maintenance cartridge which is just under $200 USD.

We have four latex models that we work with in our Experience Center. The 260, 335 print and cut, 360, and a 560.
I know you said you were looking at the 315, were you looking at the printer alone or the Print n Cut solution?
Also, if you are wanting to have a take up roll I would suggest looking at the 335 model.

If you would like some sample prints done so you can see them first hand, let me know and we can arrange for that to happen.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Also, if you are wanting to have a take up roll I would suggest looking at the 335 model

The take up reel came with my printer. (HP 315) They tell you it's a thousand dollars extra but if you tell them your going to buy it from someone else they will throw it in for free. They can't mark down the printer but they can mark down the take up unit!

We have an HP Latex 280, 360, and 1500. Most of the time they run great, but I would recommend a service plan after your warranty runs out. My biggest criticism is their unreliable service, even with the plan in place. They have poorly trained service techs, are often out of stock on parts, and frequently do not show up to repair in the 24-48 hours they promise.