• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need an "Uncopyrightable" file

Ken

Andy...

andy said:
Ken- let's chill with the Anti British attitude mate- I'm sure Harriers of the Royal Air Force aren't "detested" when they are giving your boys covering fire in Afghanistan.
Andy. It's just that a lot of the world, and probably most Brits, still think of Canada as a colony of the British Empire. The French ( France) likely think similarly. This is just not so.
I also oppose the maintenance of the position of the "Governor General" in Canada as a representative of the British monarchy. Another holdover from days gone by. ( And expensive to Canadian taxpayers)
I am not bashing Britain in my comments. We are allies, and rightly so.
The harrowing delivery of more than 10,000 bomber aircraft from Gander , NewFoundland to the UK during the '40's is testament to that.
Our Men and Women ( not boys) on duty in Afghanistan do need all the help that can be mustered. If the RAF is assisting in that operation, of which I have no knowledge, that is a function of the NATO alliance. I am aware ( It was in the news), that Canada will now be sending F-18 aircraft ( built in the USA)to support our troops there. Perhaps this will help eliminate the "friendly-fire " incidents. I guess the Harriers aren't cutting it.
I perceive ,from your reply, an attitude of which I speak.
Ken
...sorry Geary..I could not let that go unanswered.

andy

If this is the attitude in North America then I think UK politicians are right to look towards Europe for our future.

Friendly fire comes from over your border (trained in the USA) not from the RAF.

Geary

slapakiss said:

Thanks Steph. :thumb: I looked at those already and they're close but their particular emblem has much more to it. I'm informing the client that we may be awhile in getting this one done. The last thing I want to do is provide vinyl from artwork I tweaked on to get it close for a governmental sponsored school. :wink:

Thanks again all for your help on this.

Btw guys, could you all possibly start another topic for the discussion of your patriotic and political issues on another thread? I've done this sort of thing too and have gotten my hands slapped a bit....is the reason I mention it. Okay? Thanks :thumb:

~Gear