• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Avery Medium Marine Gray Cast

fresh

GRRRR. Avery and their discontinuing colors BS. There is a fleet we use Medium Marine Gray on, and the color is discontinued.

I'm trying to see if a supplier has any left, and I've failed so far. I've checked Harbor, Fellers, Beacon, and Grimco. Where else should I look? If I can't get a decent amount then I'm going to have to change the color, but I'd rather not do that right now.

Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check out other brand's swatch books. A lot of the time their colors will match perfectly but may be called a different name.

shoresigns

In case you're not aware, Avery is actually syncing up the colours of their calendered (750 series fka 700) and cast (950 series fka 900).

Since their old Battleship Grey (cal) and Marine Grey (cast) are nearly the same colour, Marine Grey is being discontinued and the new series will include Battleship Grey in 750 cal and 950 cast.

Battleship is close enough that you could almost bet on the client not even noticing. If that doesn't work for you, Oracal has an even closer match called 713 Iron Grey.

Sign Works

Try Universal Products or Sharpline Converting, both are converters of Avery vinyl.
I have acquired discontinued colors from them several times in the past.

fresh

In case you're not aware, Avery is actually syncing up the colours of their calendered (750 series fka 700) and cast (950 series fka 900).

Since their old Battleship Grey (cal) and Marine Grey (cast) are nearly the same colour, Marine Grey is being discontinued and the new series will include Battleship Grey in 750 cal and 950 cast.

Battleship is close enough that you could almost bet on the client not even noticing. If that doesn't work for you, Oracal has an even closer match called 713 Iron Grey.
Thanks! That makes sense. I have a color chart on order and your post makes a lot of sense now. I thought I saw Battleship in 950, but when I looked in my old book it was only in 700 so I thought I just read it wrong.

I really wish manufacturers would send out new color charts before they pull everything. Or at least have them available when the colors change.

shoresigns

Thanks! That makes sense. I have a color chart on order and your post makes a lot of sense now. I thought I saw Battleship in 950, but when I looked in my old book it was only in 700 so I thought I just read it wrong.

I really wish manufacturers would send out new color charts before they pull everything. Or at least have them available when the colors change.

Talk to your sales rep at the vendor you buy your vinyl from. Our Grimco sales rep drops off swatchbooks at our shop whenever new ones are available.