• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need banners or letters cut out.

CreatedDesigns

I'm looking for a vendor that can do a couple polyester hanging banners 36"x62" these would have blue block lettering 2.5" tall with a 1/8" red border the main body will be white and 32"wide and 58" long and would need a 2" blue border all around( as it says it would be 36x62 finished).

Or if I can have someone cut the letters and make them a heat applied polyester letters I can sew the 1/8" border myself.

CreatedDesigns

Thanks for that but I can print all day. I want a polyester banner with either polyester individually cut letters then sew them on the banner. Or have the lettering embroidered entirely. Or if I can find iron on letters that look like embroidery might work as well.

WildWestDesigns

Thanks for that but I can print all day. I want a polyester banner with either polyester individually cut letters then sew them on the banner. Or have the lettering embroidered entirely. Or if I can find iron on letters that look like embroidery might work as well.

My first question to you is, is this a temp banner or is it one that the customers are going to want to use until it falls apart (regardless if it's temp or not type of signage?).

Reason that I ask, heat applied is not considered permanent at all. At least not in my world.

If you have a plotter with the correctly blade and since you do have a sewing machine, I would use the plotter to cut the letters and then sew a them on. Could probably get away with a zig zag stitch instead of a full satin stitch. I would use Madeira's Applique Magic stabilizer. You could heat press it where you want it to get it to stay while you stitch it on, it also helps stiffen up the fabric to run through the plotter as well. Mainly used for applique (hence the name), but that's essentially what's being done here.

CreatedDesigns

That is what I'm doing at this point I apply a heat bond to the fabric and run it thought the plotter but I'm not having any luck cutting them as when it starts to cut nice the blade will pull the fabric from the backing paper. I even tried to use a 12"x24 circuit Mat to hold it down and run it through the Graphtec. Just no luck.
I wonder if a flat bed plotter would be able to cut it easier?

Yes, These will hang for many years. I'm actually just making replicas to what is there already but the old ones the main white body has turned yellow.

WildWestDesigns

That is what I'm doing at this point I apply a heat bond to the fabric and run it thought the plotter but I'm not having any luck cutting them as when it starts to cut nice the blade will pull the fabric from the backing paper. I even tried to use a 12"x24 circuit Mat to hold it down and run it through the Graphtec. Just no luck.
I wonder if a flat bed plotter would be able to cut it easier?

Yes, These will hang for many years. I'm actually just making replicas to what is there already but the old ones the main white body has turned yellow.

What degree blade are you using and what type of fabric? I have the much despised GX-24 for applique work and it cuts fabric just fine.

CreatedDesigns

I was using the bigger 15Red holder with a 60 degree blade. I can swap it for the smaller 9Blue holder and 60 degree blade and I have 45 degree blades for both holders. The cutter will cut them I just have to find the magic combo.

Cadartist

Banner

I'm looking for a vendor that can do a couple polyester hanging banners 36"x62" these would have blue block lettering 2.5" tall with a 1/8" red border the main body will be white and 32"wide and 58" long and would need a 2" blue border all around( as it says it would be 36x62 finished). Or if I can have someone cut the letters and make them a heat applied polyester letters I can sew the 1/8" border myself.
Try http://www.wellingtonhouse.com/. They will send you heat press letters and a file for the border.