• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Colex Compatible bits for 10mil Coro

tedbragg

I was talking to someone here a few months back about this (and like a dummy I lost his store links) for bits routing 10mil coro. Running the 5HP router on a 5x10 Colex SharpCut.

I have a couple of Gator bits that ::work:: but the edges are a mess. Any suggestions or links I can buy from?

I use the 500 bit. Works great.
If you are cutting parallel to the flutes you can use the universal knife. Much faster, but never cut across flutes with it.

I use the 500 bit. Works great.
If you are cutting parallel to the flutes you can use the universal knife. Much faster, but never cut across flutes with it.
If you don't mind, what feed rate, rpm, and pass depth do you use with this bit? I wish Id seen this thread yesterday. I actually had to router out a ridiculous double sided 10mm coro sword I think someone ordered for halloween and tried a few bits and settings and couldn't get a clean edge... I have a 500 but didn't try it.

If you don't mind, what feed rate, rpm, and pass depth do you use with this bit? I wish Id seen this thread yesterday. I actually had to router out a ridiculous double sided 10mm coro sword I think someone ordered for halloween and tried a few bits and settings and couldn't get a clean edge... I have a 500 but didn't try it.
Spindle speed: 10,000
Feed: 300
Plunge: 50
Single pass
Standard cut(counter/anti clockwise).

There are usually a few tiny scraps of plastic i have to pull off by hand, but very minimal.

Do you guys not have a cheat sheet? All I did is go down the list and find the first bit that was "strongly recommended" for hard and soft plastic. Then I messed with the setting until I got a good cut. There are a few bits that will probably work just as well. I'll go ahead and post it so you can reference it if you need it.
Also, I went ahead and cut a tiny bit off a scrap sheet of 10mm corro I had laying around so you can see they type/quality of cut you should expect. You can see it beneath the cheat sheet.

Colex Cheat Sheet.jpg

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
VTX tools. Stop by tritecusa.com and you’ll get 10% off those guys also service, move and train on colex machines as well

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Do you guys not have a cheat sheet? All I did is go down the list and find the first bit that was "strongly recommended" for hard and soft plastic. Then I messed with the setting until I got a good cut. There are a few bits that will probably work just as well. I'll go ahead and post it so you can reference it if you need it.
Also, I went ahead and cut a tiny bit off a scrap sheet of 10mm corro I had laying around so you can see they type/quality of cut you should expect. You can see it beneath the cheat sheet.

View attachment 167511
I have the current settings from opti 8 and all their bits if you need some guidance one of our techs can remote in and walk you through some advanced setup