• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need critique on logo

SignManiac

Working on a logo for a company that specializes in making black boxes. I came up with this so far. Any suggestions or critiques?

Attachments

• black box.jpg
    black box.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 152

artist4christ

If it is just going to be text like that then I would work on the kerning for "BLACK" and then kern "BOX" to fit your boxsih justified text.

Can you work in any sort of an icon at all?

RebeckaR

Perhaps, since it's a logo for boxes, you could put it IN a box? Maybe even a box in a box in a box since they make the boxes. That would indicate that they sell more than 1.

artbot

i'm not much of a logo/text guy. but i am an artist. i'd try to adjust out the oblique nature of the x/k/a. they, being diagonal, look a bit obtuse when wanting to "brand" black box. but it does have good focus and impact. and maybe make the ratio of the text to box closer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I looks to me as though you've read Mike Steven's book and have mastered B&W applications. You only need to have your client change their name to 'White Box' so their copy color matches their name as in your sample.

A better approach might be..... B&B.jpg

However, after you've added in some colors, this might work much better. B&O.jpg

Please advise your client that you know what he wants and how much it will cost and charge him about $32.78. In this way, you're sure to get the action from all of his friends.

:goodpost:

Keep up the good work. You're a winner !!

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm thinking something like this. Did this in about 3 min. Needs improving but you get the idea.

Attachments

• BLACKBOX.jpg
    BLACKBOX.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 118

luggnut

i would tighten the words to one another and adjust kerning... and what about editing the "k" and the "x" to make the words fit a box shape more?

Attachments

• black box.jpg
    black box.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 132

luggnut

oops wrong attachment

here is a quick edit.... very quickly done but you get the idea

Attachments

• black box.jpg
    black box.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 105

TheSellOut

I really like your concept...these are just a couple a played with for a few minutes...I do like how gino made the lettering like an 80% black

Attachments

• Black Box.jpg
    Black Box.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Wow, lots of good ideas and directions. I know its simple and straight forward but that's what makes it more challenging.

Here's a couple of other takes.

Attachments

• Black Box Logo2.jpg
    Black Box Logo2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

SignManiac

LOL SignMeUp, but no this isn't for the airplane :) Which we now have a motor for and working controls. The ailerons are slick now! I'm giddy with excitement for the first flight.

Oh yeah, logo....Here's one more.

Attachments

• Black Box Logo3.jpg
    Black Box Logo3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 101

SignManiac

Yes, very simple concept. You would be surprised at what people will buy. I'm even thinking of manufacturing a line of white boxes as Gino suggested.

SignManiac

Yeah I think so Luggnut. But creative none the less.

Here's a couple more with tweaking.

Attachments

• Black Box Logo4.jpg
    Black Box Logo4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 93