Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need custom cut shape sign blanks

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by landdesigns, Feb 9, 2020.

1. landdesigns

landdesigns Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Bridgewater NY
    Looking for someone to cut custom sign blanks, Acrylic, Alumalite ,Foam board . I just need blanks for customer signs, I will do vinyl prints for the signs.
    Thank you!

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    So, no specific sizes or quantities..... just when ya need some, ya wanna order 'em.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. asapsignsfl1

asapsignsfl1 Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Clearwater, Florida
    I'd contact this gentleman - Vern Inman. His company is 24 miles north of your location and ask him that question. Address = Custom Fab Metal Fabrication, 9669 River Rd, Marcy, NY 13403; phone = (315) 732-4939

Bob P

4. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    If they are small and shippable, why not just outsorce the whole project? If they are big and would need to be sent via truck, then shipping will kill you.

I get substrate delivered to me for no additional charge (when I order over $100). I cut sign panels using an assortment of saws, knives, and routers. I do not have a CNC router (I do not do enough volume to justify the purchase). If I was doing that kind of volume, I would buy one - shipping sign blanks is too expensive!

5. Michelle41

Michelle41 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    New York
    We do this, inbox me.

6. 2CT Media

2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    For small volume check out a shaper origin. For around $6000 you can cut practically anything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I was looking at that router, do you know anyone that has it? One thing that worries me is that they list cutting files as (paraphrasing) " Preloaded shapes, download from their site,
    or design on the router" I don't care for any of those options, do you know if you can you design on a computer and transfer?

I was looking at this router as well: https://www.yetitool.com/

8. 2CT Media

2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Both are viable options. there is someone on here if you search who did a review. I know there is a dxf side loader for the Origin so you can use your normal design tools and get it on to the machine.