• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need desperate help! PF correct on one side and not the other??

LenXIII

I have no idea how to fix this problem. It seems to be doing it on all materials with all heat settings with and without wave, with and without bi directional.

The right hand side of the image (54" wide) looks ok, but the far left is showing lighter color waves every pass. If I adjust the PF to make the left side look better (it never looks good, just "better") the right side gets off. I cannot figure this out!!! I have several jobs that needs to be done tomorrow and I am too unhappy with the quality to run them!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have no idea how to fix this problem. It seems to be doing it on all materials with all heat settings with and without wave, with and without bi directional.

The right hand side of the image (54" wide) looks ok, but the far left is showing lighter color waves every pass. If I adjust the PF to make the left side look better (it never looks good, just "better") the right side gets off. I cannot figure this out!!! I have several jobs that needs to be done tomorrow and I am too unhappy with the quality to run them!

Ink starvation might be a first guess. For whatever reasons. Dampers, blockage in the lines, pumps, capping station seal, whatever.

What happens if you print something smallish but way over on the left side of the media? It that prints OK then it most likely is ink starvation. If not then you might suspect some mechanical problem but don't rule out ink starvation due to something happening when the carriage is on the left.

LenXIII

Wow, thats not what I wanted to hear. I have no idea where to start!

As for the pressure lever....doesnt make a difference.

Sticky Signs

Did you remember to clean the crap out of everything? Encoder strip, pinch rollers etc, etc, etc.... Are you using the vacuum? Maybe try a few different settings.

LenXIII

Still unresolved. Im getting nasty banding in some colors, none i others. I have tried every combo of heat, profile, speed, wave, etc on the planet. Everything has been cleaned and recleaned, lubricated, etc. I just cant figure this out.

Does anyone know a mutoh tech in the tampa bay florida area that could look at this thing?

henryp

What printer model? Does it have a take up unit? Try printing on a cut sheet and see if the same problem occurs.

Compilla

What about the heaters, it could be possible that one side is less hot then the other because I have seen the adhesive on the back side of the heater wear our and the heater start to come off the platen. Is one side of the printer less hot then the other side?

LenXIII

The printer is a 1614 with takeup, but I see these issues long before it is long enough to attach to the takeup.

I will get photos during my next print run.

I will test the heaters as well, I have standby heaters turned off, so its a little hard to test the heaters while its running. I will turn on standby heaters to test it though, thanks for the tip.