• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need driver for Mimaki JV3-160SP

PhillyOC

Hello all. I have just finished installing a Mimaki JV3-160SP for a customer.

The customer just bought the new SignLab 8 upgrade to run the machine and the software went in without a hitch, but I am having difficulty with the drivers from the Mimaki website. I have installed all of the drivers they list for the JV3 series printers and none of them have worked. During the setup of the new SignLab software, it gave me a choice to install a printer and I installed the Mimaki JV3 Full because it seemed like the only one fitting. Apparently that was not correct, but I do not believe any of the others were correct either.

The computer is running Windows XP SP3. The device is connected by a firewire and shows up in Device Manager no problem. Automatically installing the driver online does not work (of course) and neither does using the DVD Printer disk that came with SignLab 8.

Any help in this matter will be appreciated. The customer has already sold a couple of jobs using this machine and now we really need to get this thing up and running.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColesCreations

If it shows up in the Device Manager, I believe the driver is installed correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Have you tried finding the printer and installing it from SignLab? (Add new device or similar?) That's how it's done in FlexiSign, have no experience with SignLab.

motorola424

for the drivers to be functioning properly a mimaki printer port and a separate mimaki status port must show up in the device manager. if both of those are there, then the software is not recognizing the printer or it has not mounted the printer.