• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need driver for pnc1000

ford

for some reason

for some reason i copyed that but it said when i tryed to load driver that there was no info on the cd that i copyed from that sight thanks any way

ford

i cant belive how hard roland makes it to load a cutter ,i have had this 1 for about 5 yrs and nothing but a pain in the ass it has been i would never recomend any 1 to buy a roland i will look for another cutter i hope i have better luck with the next one.this computer i have conected to my pnc1000 is not even hooked up to the intenet because i was affraid of a virus.i can not figure out why this crashed for no reason in the middle of a project and then this happens.i emailed roland they cant even bother with me but i will never bother with a roland again...............

Lance

Nothing wrong with the cutter mate. They've been in good reliable use for close on 20 years all over the world. I had 2 of them up til 3 mths ago when I moved to a GX24.
You cannot expect Roland or any other company to support their equipment forever.
That driver Jill sent you is fine, it's the same one I ran my 1000 and 1000a on for 8 years.
Have a read on the manual and find out what the problem is rather than bag a manufacturer. I can't be too complicated a problem surely.

OldPaint

ford, not bein a wiseinhimer..............BUT HOW LONG YOU BEEN PLAYIN WITH COMPUTERS????
this seems to me ..........THE PROBLEM...........not roland or the programs you have no idea of their usage.

ford

i dont have a manual and i see a lot of other people that dont have a manual 1 never came with it.I tried to find one no luck it has been trial and error for about 5 yrs with this.My first computer was a Atari 800 i had to learn basic (if 10=or is < less then got 10) that would cause a loop what ever you typed would repete it self over and over again BUT I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT belive me i am not a quiter Jim chitoon111@yahoo.com

Air Art Girl

I got some PNC1210's as part of a business I took over. It was really easy to download the drivers and the manual from Roland. Not sure what trouble you are having but the manual for the PNC1000 is the same. It should be easy to find on the Roland site.

I kind of agree with OP. Is it that you are not very computer savvy to get the information downloaded and installed?

Cadmn

in his posts he has proven to be rather lost in the computer department his basic program try is INvalid. & he has another thread that told him step by step & if in 5 years he hasn't figured it out I'll give him 5 bux for the 1000 as they are real work horses the manual has nothing to do with his inability to dl & install drivers
in tech world it is called an ID ten T problem.

Last edited:

bayviewsignworks

YOur PNC-100 is, or almost is, an antique. Though reliable, it will at some point just decide not to want to live any longer. We upgraded to a Summa 24" and have had very few problems. It has paid for itself over and over again. Plus we work on Mac so there was a learning curve. If you're afraid of viruses, buy a Mac next time. It's worry free on that end.