• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need equipment advice from experts for festivals and expos

jdwilliams1

I have been selling signs online now for about 12 years but we would like to expand into festivals and shows for our personalized signs.

We currently have two mimaki jf1631 machines which obviously are not too mobile.

I am trying to find some combination of a machine or machines to make full color prints that I can put on aluminum blanks like the signs we sell online.

I have thought of printer cutter and then stick on aluminum, or sublimation possibly.

The key is I need to print the image quickly and then get it on the aluminum and it needs to be dry for the customer. All in about 3-5 minutes I would say or close to it.

My blanks are 4x18, 6x24 and 9x36 and also 10 x 14 and 12 x18

Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Keep in mind most place I go will be 10x10 ft or 10 x 15 ft.

I have thought about the roland NB-20 but not sure it will dry fast enough, or would sublimation work?

One more thing we have full colors signs now so a vinyl cutter will not work.

thanks in advance.

Jay

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

no reason posting multiple threads on the same subject.

I would say BN-20, and when people order, tell em to come back in an hour to pick it up...

outgassing wont really be an issue with personalized novelty signs...