• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need equipment courier 800 miles

netsol

what i generally do, is ask the seller if he would be willing to take it to the nearest ups store.
if no
google ups store near me, put in their zip code, get a phone number of the nearest stores
call the stores, explain your situation, ask for a quote
i have SEVERAL MACHINES that were picked up by ups employees, from the nearest store, taken to the ups store, packaged in an acceptable way,
picked up by ups (or ups freight) and delivered to me in good condition

the furthest away i can remember was spokane, wa (we are in new jersey) 2565 miles

it wasn't cheap but it was reasonable and they are trained in how to pack and secure equipment
the insurance company can not refuse the claim when it was ups trained employees who did the packing

Turnergraphics

what i generally do, is ask the seller if he would be willing to take it to the nearest ups store.
if no
google ups store near me, put in their zip code, get a phone number of the nearest stores
call the stores, explain your situation, ask for a quote
i have SEVERAL MACHINES that were picked up by ups employees, from the nearest store, taken to the ups store, packaged in an acceptable way,
picked up by ups (or ups freight) and delivered to me in good condition

the furthest away i can remember was spokane, wa (we are in new jersey) 2565 miles

it wasn't cheap but it was reasonable and they are trained in how to pack and secure equipment
the insurance company can not refuse the claim when it was ups trained employees who did the packing
Hadn't considered this. Thanks. Rt

netsol

Hadn't considered this. Thanks. Rt
not the cheapest, perhaps but no surprises along the way

i have probably bought 50 pieces of equipment since 2016, very few unhappy endings

smaller stuff, you can mail a flat box to the seller, and then send a ups call tag to the location, if seller will assemble the box,

Turnergraphics

not the cheapest, perhaps but no surprises along the way

i have probably bought 50 pieces of equipment since 2016, very few unhappy endings

smaller stuff, you can mail a flat box to the seller, and then send a ups call tag to the location, if seller will assemble the box,
It's a Graptec fc2250 flatbed plotter. The main concern would be proper care the cutting arm on top of the table.

Hi! I relocate cutting equipment all the time, though the size that requires a dedicated truck, mostly. If your main concern is the cutter's beam/gantry with a less expensive courier, I would recommend securing that beam and the tool head.

They can push it to either the front or the back of the cutter and use ratchet straps to secure it in place, and likewise with the tool head. From a quick look at the Graphtec, this should likely be all you need to keep those components from being damaged in (normal) transit.

Also, you may consider looking into FedEx freight boxes - they offer a standard skid with a cardboard "box" that surrounds it - if the plotters dimensions are small enough to fit, this could be the best option for you!

Turnergraphics

Hi! I relocate cutting equipment all the time, though the size that requires a dedicated truck, mostly. If your main concern is the cutter's beam/gantry with a less expensive courier, I would recommend securing that beam and the tool head.

They can push it to either the front or the back of the cutter and use ratchet straps to secure it in place, and likewise with the tool head. From a quick look at the Graphtec, this should likely be all you need to keep those components from being damaged in (normal) transit.

Also, you may consider looking into FedEx freight boxes - they offer a standard skid with a cardboard "box" that surrounds it - if the plotters dimensions are small enough to fit, this could be the best option for you!
Thanks. I didn't know about the FedEx freight box. I'll check it out

netsol

Almost impossible to get 1 way rentals in some areas, NEW JERSEY being one
Everyone moving out, to other states, enterprise told me i would have to order and wait several weeks
It isn't worth the cost of bringing the truck in for a 1 day rental

netsol

I ended up going with Uship . $390 plus fees and insurance. It worked out very nicely.
You did very well!
I will try uship next time out
When we picked up an Oce that i really wanted, in cleveland, gas prices were still fairly loe, but we ended up,stopping for the night. The bar . Tab took us over the top. Uship would have been cheaper