Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need fast help - ink density for glossy paper?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Bogie, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Well, I can tell you that everything I've done before is too high - not drying all that fast. If you're running glossy photo paper, what do you set it at? Using a generic profile for the paper from Intellicoat, but POS Photoprint defaults to 100 across the board... Started out at 85 (where I normally run vinyl for signs), and I'm down to 40... How low should I go? Figured that HAD to be low enough, and went to bed last night - woke up, the basket was stuck together...

Heat's at 50 across the board. Cut time is 5 minutes.

Tags:
  2. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    Bogie, I really couldnt give you a round about figure for this because we use about 5 different types of this material and each one carries their own ink density levels we profiled them for -- not really a generic roundabout number.

3. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    I'm down to 25, and the image (black and white) isn't sticking...

4. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    sounds like you might have gotten a bad roll with a contaminated top coating.

5. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Oh... At 25, it's sticking to the paper fine, and it's actually drying enough to not come off... This is straight BW line art...