• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need fast help - ink density for glossy paper?

Bogie

Well, I can tell you that everything I've done before is too high - not drying all that fast. If you're running glossy photo paper, what do you set it at? Using a generic profile for the paper from Intellicoat, but POS Photoprint defaults to 100 across the board... Started out at 85 (where I normally run vinyl for signs), and I'm down to 40... How low should I go? Figured that HAD to be low enough, and went to bed last night - woke up, the basket was stuck together...

Heat's at 50 across the board. Cut time is 5 minutes.

GK

Bogie, I really couldnt give you a round about figure for this because we use about 5 different types of this material and each one carries their own ink density levels we profiled them for -- not really a generic roundabout number.

GK

sounds like you might have gotten a bad roll with a contaminated top coating.

Bogie

Oh... At 25, it's sticking to the paper fine, and it's actually drying enough to not come off... This is straight BW line art...