• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need File transfered

signage

I have artwork that is an EPS that the vendor says is opened in Mac Desktop Publishing software. I have tried to open and import into Corel and SignLab and neither will open it. Was wondering if someone could open this EPS and convert so that it can be opened in either Corel or Sinlab?

Thank You,
Brian

Checkers

Hiya Brian,
You should be able to import it into Corel.
Just open a new document and select the import type "PS, PRN, EPS - PostScript Interpreted".
If that doesn't work, sent it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Checkers

milliken12

The reason you can't open it is because you have corel12. I had many problems with corel till I upgraded to 13. You can go to the corel website and get the trial version. Then you should be able to open.
Hope it helps.

Rod

The EPS file might be corrupt

signage said:
I have artwork that is an EPS that the vendor says is opened in Mac Desktop Publishing software. I have tried to open and import into Corel and SignLab and neither will open it. Was wondering if someone could open this EPS and convert so that it can be opened in either Corel or Sinlab?

That neither CorelDraw nor SignLab can import the EPS file suggests that it is corrupt.

Would you mind tossing the file to me, ATTN: Rod, at techwww@cadlink.com and I'll take a look. If the data is okay, then I'll resave and send back.

Is it an option for the vendor to send different format, such as original PSD or whatever they're using?

Rod at CADlink

Rod

Did not have problem importing the EPS file

Rod said:
Would you mind tossing the file to me, ATTN: Rod, at techwww@cadlink.com and I'll take a look. If the data is okay, then I'll resave and send back.

FYI, Brian sent me the file, and I was able to open it. Here is what I described to Brian:

Please find attached the "Miracle-Ear" logo in CDL format. I did not have a problem importing the original EPS, and I was using SignLab 7.1 build 06. I note that the spot color information has been retained, as well as overprint settings.

I was not able to import the EPS file into CorelDraw 12. However, I was able to load into CorelDraw 13.