Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need File transfered

Discussion in 'General Software' started by signage, Sep 13, 2006.

1. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    I have artwork that is an EPS that the vendor says is opened in Mac Desktop Publishing software. I have tried to open and import into Corel and SignLab and neither will open it. Was wondering if someone could open this EPS and convert so that it can be opened in either Corel or Sinlab?

Thank You,
    Brian

Tags:
  2. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Hiya Brian,
    You should be able to import it into Corel.
    Just open a new document and select the import type "PS, PRN, EPS - PostScript Interpreted".
    If that doesn't work, sent it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Checkers

3. milliken12

milliken12 Member

Sep 12, 2006
    The reason you can't open it is because you have corel12. I had many problems with corel till I upgraded to 13. You can go to the corel website and get the trial version. Then you should be able to open.
    Hope it helps.

4. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The EPS file might be corrupt

That neither CorelDraw nor SignLab can import the EPS file suggests that it is corrupt.

Would you mind tossing the file to me, ATTN: Rod, at techwww@cadlink.com and I'll take a look. If the data is okay, then I'll resave and send back.

Is it an option for the vendor to send different format, such as original PSD or whatever they're using?

Rod at CADlink

5. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    It could also be a cs2 file, maybe your corel version won't import a file that is in that version

6. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Did not have problem importing the EPS file

FYI, Brian sent me the file, and I was able to open it. Here is what I described to Brian: