• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need fill help!!!

Dcherriage

I created a template and cannot get it to take fill for some reason I want to camo the sides and the top if anyone could help that would be amazing and greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• dennys_boat.jpg
    dennys_boat.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 80

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
right now its just a jpeg it doesnt matter it doesnt have to be a vector

Why do you say that? You must have a vector in order to contain the camouflage fill if you're working in Illustrator. If you want to use a raster file as a template than you need to do it in Photoshop or any other image editing program. Illustrator is a vector editing program. You can drop an image on a page but Illustrator cannot work with unless it is converted to vectors.

All your JPG looks like to Illustrator is the rectangle of the white edges of the JPG image.

GypsyGraphics

right now its just a jpeg it doesnt matter it doesnt have to be a vector
it doesn't matter?
well, i guess your options are wide open then. you could do clipping mask in AI or PSD or perhaps print out your JPG and use a selection of crayons or possibly nice decoupage? :tongue:

Dcherriage

well i am not the wisest in this being that I just started out but thanks for the help. Well no help but thanks anyway. I have CorelX6 but not very good with it at all like I said I am new to this so now if anyone could possible help with out the criticism I would greatly appreaciate I am just trying to learn thank you.

signage

Have you done any searches here?

I think if you would you would find some very helpful info in posts!

Custom_Grafx

Reason for not filling in Corel is because the path is open. Close the path and it will fill. But you say it's a JPEG... so there are no paths, so you can't really do much... or did I miss something.

From memory there is also an option somewhere in Corel which let's objects behave the way they do in Ai, letting you fill an 'open' path.

GypsyGraphics

well i am not the wisest in this being that I just started out but thanks for the help. Well no help but thanks anyway. I have CorelX6 but not very good with it at all like I said I am new to this so now if anyone could possible help with out the criticism I would greatly appreaciate I am just trying to learn thank you.

hey now... :(

i wasn't criticizing you... i'm sorry if it came off that way.
but in all fairness, your original post was vague, so i asked for more detail and your reply was either, again vague or sarcastic.
if you'd mentioned that you were working in corel, i'd have said "sorry, i don't use corel, can't help ya out."
but you didn't.... you came back with "right now its just a jpeg it doesnt matter it doesnt have to be a vector"

dude... i'm than happy to help with files when i can, but... at 11pm
while i can't do anything with "it doesn't matter"
i can happily roll with vague/sarcasm at any hour of the day. :thumb:

glad to see some corel users showed up to help you out.
i was just trying to keep you company (or annoy you) till the actual help arrived. :tongue:

seriously though,
do post as much info in your original question, at least the program you need help with.
and if you mention your skill level, you're more likely to get responses you can understand and learn from.
which is the reason you posted in the first place, right? :smile:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Speaking for myself, I thought my post #6 was helpful and dead on as were a number of others once it was determined that you were using CorelDRAW and not Adobe Illustrator. Yet the only thing you tell us is that it was no help. As to criticism, I don't see it. You got actual help and a couple of meaningless sarcastic comments thrown in.

Dcherriage

Sorry for the confusion I did trace the image into a vector i am assuming and ungrouped it but I am still not able to fill because the lines are not closed I am guessing but I cannot figure out how to close the lines where I can just fill the sides and top of the boat. I basically just want to add a single color to the boat and a few logos just having issues really new to all this so it is quite confussing.
Thanks for the help any more would be appreciated.....

CustomEyes Design

You are right, any graphics program has quite a learning curve and can be quite confusing at first. For one thing, I would recommend reading the Help any time it is offered in a window that pops up. I would also say you should find Corel tutorials and study those.
When tracing, you often have to play with the settings to get what you need.
As was mentioned before, if there are gaps in your outlines they won't fill - but often trace will also make a shape to replace an area that doesn't fill. You could just change the fill to a camo bitmap.
(BTW, this was posted on a Corel forum... just sayin')

Attachments

• denny_trace.jpg
    denny_trace.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 85
  • denny_ungrouped.jpg
    denny_ungrouped.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 71