• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Need font help...

Old Guy

G'day, all! For the life of me, I have been unable to find this font... It looks like something that came out of the 70's but I'm still stymied! Help, please!

Old Guy

upload_2018-9-22_9-36-0.jpeg

mike monte

There is an inexpensive downloadable program that we have used for years. findmyfont.com finds fonts from bitmaps
Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 11.57.12 AM.png
. You may need to isolate letters so that it does not try to decipher welded ones

mike monte

Also create a better contrast with brightness contrast etc in a bitmap editor... It has worked well for us, did it find every single one? no, but a good majority.

SignosaurusRex

There is an inexpensive downloadable program that we have used for years. findmyfont.com finds fonts from bitmaps View attachment 136730 . You may need to isolate letters so that it does not try to decipher welded ones

I can see by your screen capture that you are not really using FindMyFont correctly or to it full potential. I would suggest that you explore it's tools and experiment. *HINT*....explore the tips that are available with it.
While FMF is no match for the human eye and a well rounded knowledge of typefaces and digital fonts at times, it is an amazingly powerful tool when used properly and to it's full capability. Note: FMF can only identify a digital font that is on your computer or what is in it's vast databases.

Last edited: