Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Need font help...

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by Old Guy, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Old Guy

Old Guy New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Camrose
    G'day, all! For the life of me, I have been unable to find this font... It looks like something that came out of the 70's but I'm still stymied! Help, please!

Old Guy

upload_2018-9-22_9-36-0.jpeg

Tags:
  2. mike monte

mike monte New Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Indian Trail N.C.
    There is an inexpensive downloadable program that we have used for years. findmyfont.com finds fonts from bitmaps Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 11.57.12 AM.png . You may need to isolate letters so that it does not try to decipher welded ones

3. mike monte

mike monte New Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Indian Trail N.C.
    Also create a better contrast with brightness contrast etc in a bitmap editor... It has worked well for us, did it find every single one? no, but a good majority.

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Caslon 540 Swash

• Like Like x 1
  5. tooler82

tooler82 Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Camp Shelby, MS, USA
    Yeah if you need to identify a bunch of fonts and think it’ll make the money back you have to pay every month.

6. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I can see by your screen capture that you are not really using FindMyFont correctly or to it full potential. I would suggest that you explore it's tools and experiment. *HINT*....explore the tips that are available with it.
    While FMF is no match for the human eye and a well rounded knowledge of typefaces and digital fonts at times, it is an amazingly powerful tool when used properly and to it's full capability. Note: FMF can only identify a digital font that is on your computer or what is in it's vast databases.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018