Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help adding second cutter to Versaworks

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jeff412, Aug 23, 2019.

1. jeff412

jeff412 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Buna, TX
    We currently have two SP-540V's and one GX-640. We purchased a second cutter, but can't seem to get it added. When I click "Add new printer" the only port that is showing up is the cutter that is already installed. If I delete it, then I can install the other one. Are you allowed to have two USB cutters connected to Versaworks?

Tags:
  2. icex

icex Member

Aug 19, 2014
    usa
    Try another port

3. jeff412

jeff412 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Buna, TX
    I spoke to Roland support today and they said that it isn't possible to add a second GX-640 to versaworks, because the driver names are the same. Has anyone had any luck getting two of them to work on one installation of Versaworks? I really don't want to run two different PC's.

Jeff

4. jeff412

jeff412 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Buna, TX
    I have tried two different USB ports and I still have the same problem. I even tried changing the cutters' names so that the names were different, but no luck. :(.

Jeff

5. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    That's really stupid on Roland's part, do they not want to encourage people to buy more than 1 of their machines?

6. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Considering the quality of their recent machines and that Versaworks couldn't natively handle tranparency for what seemed like an eternity, I'm not at all surprised.