• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help adding second cutter to Versaworks

jeff412

We currently have two SP-540V's and one GX-640. We purchased a second cutter, but can't seem to get it added. When I click "Add new printer" the only port that is showing up is the cutter that is already installed. If I delete it, then I can install the other one. Are you allowed to have two USB cutters connected to Versaworks?

jeff412

I spoke to Roland support today and they said that it isn't possible to add a second GX-640 to versaworks, because the driver names are the same. Has anyone had any luck getting two of them to work on one installation of Versaworks? I really don't want to run two different PC's.

Jeff

CanuckSigns

I spoke to Roland support today and they said that it isn't possible to add a second GX-640 to versaworks, because the driver names are the same. Has anyone had any luck getting two of them to work on one installation of Versaworks? I really don't want to run two different PC's.

Jeff
That's really stupid on Roland's part, do they not want to encourage people to buy more than 1 of their machines?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Considering the quality of their recent machines and that Versaworks couldn't natively handle tranparency for what seemed like an eternity, I'm not at all surprised.