• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help/Advice

Wingace

So we're trying to migrate to a machine that does printing dieCutting, and Lamination at a higher speed than a plotter cutter.

Anyone have suggestions/ good experience with one? Or can recommend a company that manufactures 'em?

:thankyou::wavingflag:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe there is a machine that does all three in one. You might have to re-think your wish-list.

jhanson

I would imagine that a printer that does all three would look like something in a Rube Goldberg cartoon.

Imagine something like this, with a laminator bolted on the front. Now add in all the problems you're going to have trying to laminate (a continuous process) while the printer is still running, doing its printing and cutting (an intermittent process).

Separate machines are the way to go. Not only will it be likely less expensive, less problematic, but as your shop expands you can easily add capacity by identifying the bottlenecks. Most shops will have multiple printers per one laminator. A single Zund flatbed cutter is also able to keep up with around 4 normal solvent printers -- I only mention Zund since you are interested in die-style cutting, and a normal plotter is only going to be able to do kiss-cutting at best.

Wingace

Maybe a Rube Goldberg setup might be a fun way to go :D ... but I understand. I wasn't sure if there was anything out there like that or whatnot. We'll keep digging around on our end. But I definitely appreciate the advice guys!