• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help again

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Well guys I need some help again. I changed out my head about 2- 3 months ago on my mutoh 1204. It was printing beautiful again. I printed and then did a cleaning on a Monday and then Tuesday I had a clog in the blue/ blue waste tube. I cleared it out and thought I was back in business. But when I tried to do a cleaning I noticed the carriage would not go back to the maintained station. The encoder strip had come out of the sensor. I fixed that and then noticed the strip was not lined up and in the process of trying to fix it I broke it. Got one in and put in. Didn't know to take off the film but my printer would not print anything. Seems to do a cleaning fine but won't even do a nozzle check. After taking off the film now I'm just getting a block of ink and no print. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the first nozzle check and than the 2nd is after I took off the film.

Attachments

• IMG_20231002_134902.jpg
    IMG_20231002_134902.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20231002_152537.jpg
    IMG_20231002_152537.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

damonCA21

When the head prints like that blue it's because it's not getting the correct signal telling it where to print and when to turn on and off. Normally this is down to either the head cables being faulty, or a bad print carriage board.
It can also be the encoder strip, but shouldnt be if you have changed that, but can be the encoder sensor is faulty, so I would look at cleaning that as well, and replacing if you can't see anything wrong with it.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Thank you. I changed the head cables and now I have print but it is coming out fuzzy. I don't have 1 yellow block and 1 black block. I'm thinking if I can get those back then the fuzziness will be better. And probably do an alignment on the head. But I am also wondering if my head may be too far back some how because my spit pad looks like the pic.

Attachments

• 20231003_110152.jpg
    20231003_110152.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61

damonCA21

The head shouldn't have moved at all as there isn't really any way this could happen. Sometimes the ink can spread on the pad though, so it could be in the right place.
The main thing is to get back the missing yellow and black and see how the print is looking then.